Honored Contributor

Re: For those who are intersted in the wide-leg jean!T

The 70's were almost 50 years ago, the flares and wide leg jeans of today are not the same in terms of fit or fabric.  The women who would wear them today weren't born 50 years ago or if they were (like myself), we were in kindergarten.  It's a fresh look for us.  Also, I'll say it gain.....there's a difference betwee flares and wide leg jeans.  Bell bottoms haven't been resurrected...not yet anyway.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

The 70's were almost 50 years ago, the flares and wide leg jeans of today are not the same in terms of fit or fabric.  The women who would wear them today weren't born 50 years ago or if they were (like myself), we were in kindergarten.  It's a fresh look for us.  Also, I'll say it gain.....there's a difference betwee flares and wide leg jeans.  Bell bottoms haven't been resurrected...not yet anyway.

Au contraire @chrystaltree!  :-)  :-)

I found a wonderful pair of flare jeans at Target. The kind I wore in about 7th grade - tapering in at the knee and then out to a flare. I LOVE them! They take 10 lbs off me due to the shaping. I wish I'd bought a second pair in the light demim.

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Au contraire @chrystaltree!  :-)  :-)

I found a wonderful pair of flare jeans at Target. The kind I wore in about 7th grade - tapering in at the knee and then out to a flare. I LOVE them! They take 10 lbs off me due to the shaping. I wish I'd bought a second pair in the light demim.

If it works for you, that's great.  I think at 56, I just prefer moving forward with fashion, not back.  I'l leave the retro looks to my daughters. 

Honored Contributor

Re: For those who are intersted in the wide-leg jean!

@HULAGIRL

We are getting "there!" and thanks!

Sure do appreciate everybody for contributing this info. I have been on the hunt for this type!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~