Honored Contributor

How many pieces are received in each size of a new item that comes in?

Honored Contributor

I'm having problems again with the board! But I'm just curious if it's equal across all sizes? Or are there a lot more let's say extra large than extra small?

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo   where i worked, it was not equal across the board.  always more med, large. Less s, and xl

Trusted Contributor

When I worked in retail clothing, from 1973-1993, our breakdown of clothing would look something like this 3 xs, 6 small, 12 med.,6 large, 3 xl. I did work in smaller chain stores. Qvc has the capability of housing much higher quantities than the stores I worked in.

Respected Contributor

I wear XL in stores, and if there is one on a rack of brand new merchandise, I am lucky!  I know they must get in many more of S, M, and L.  Never any on sale racks......

Honored Contributor

@NEvans2 

That was helpful! I am more looking for ratio as opposed to overall quantity. I know it when I go into a store there seems to be plenty of the larger sizes and none of the smaller sizes!. I also noticed on the Q if you watch the availability the smallest and the largest size always go first so I was just curious if they're ordering less or what?

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@Andreatoo   where i worked, it was not equal across the board.  always more med, large. Less s, and xl

@kittyloo @Andreatoo It's the same where I work.

Trusted Contributor

Currently a retail regional manager—the size breaks haven’t really changed much on the past 20 years or so, mostly due to the Plus and Petite departments most department stores &/or online retailers offer.  

The size break is pretty much still as stated above —for every 12 pieces:

1 XS

2 S

4 M

3 L

2 XL

if there’s no XS, it would be 2 S. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That's a great question!  It's something I often thought but never thought to ask.  As a long-time fanatic shopper, I have often had a hart-time finding my size in tops and often in slacks.  So, this kind of confirms why!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have been lots of sizes. In my experience it was easier for me to find clothes in M, 8, 10, 12, than it was to find XS, S, 4, 6.