Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely!  If you can get to a store use the Red Phone to order and no shipping charge to you.  Item does not fit,or you,don't like it return to the store with no shipping charge to return.  Like something you see that is a store item only (they do have a few) and it's not your size the sales people will do a computer search to find it at another store, call that store and have it sent to you at no charge.  Join the rewards program and earn points for every $ you spend.  You can register any credit card for the rewards program it does not have to be a Talbot's charge.  Just use that same card each time you purchase to get points..Number of points you earn depends upon how much you,spend in a year. You start at 1 point for $ spent.  Spend $500.00 and when you reach that you get a $25.00 reward coupon. Talbots is the best!,  Sure puts QVC to shame.

Esteemed Contributor

These are a Dupponi silk so the texture is sort of raised.  Not like what the smooth silk you might find in a blouse.  Almost all my clothes are Talbots so it is hard to give you a answer on other clothing brands.  I wear a 16 WP in pants and skirts from Talbot's and hardly anyone makes a woman petite but I have ordered from Lands End in a regular woman's size and wear 16w from Lands End.  when the Jones NY brand was around I wore a 16 W in that brand too.  Of course I had to get everything hemmed which is why I Love the WP sizing at Talbot's.  No hemming required.

Honored Contributor

I was at two different Talbot's today (and it's feeling like I spent the entire day at Talbot's!)

Excellent deals to be had!  It's been a cold spring where I live in the midwest so it's just now the kind of weather to wear spring clothes.  The salesclerk told me at one of the T's that they are esp. well stocked and have tons of spring clothes on clearance, probably because of our cold spring.  Really great deals at 50% off because I bought more than two items. (the second store was willing to honor the receipt from the first store so I wouldn't have to start again at 40% off if I only bought just one item, but I bought more than two at each store so I got 50% off the clearance price.  This is a really great sale.  There were also some beautiful leather handbags - in all sizes - to be had, in spring colors.   I almost bought a very large beige leather one - very large (my kind of bag) that had originally been $179 and today was $55.  I'm telling 'ya, great deals!  And that isa beautiful bag too!  I even managed to re-buy a few things I bought not too long ago that I haven't even gotten the bill for yet so I'm going to return those since I bought them a lot cheaper today! It was fun.  I'm going to try not to go back to any other Talbot's over the long weekend. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  Sounds like you had a very productive day.  I should have gone shopping at the stores.  We have a 'one hundred mile' yard sale on Memorial Day weekend so I went on the opening day today.  I came home without one single thing.   I look for antique cups and saucers and dishes.  I saw not one piece. I'm glad you had fun.  I love a bargain.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo  Wow - you didn't buy one thing?   Even if I didn't see any cups and saucers, I'm pretty sure I would have still seen something else "I couldn't live without."  LOL

Good for you.  That sale sounds interesting indeed. Good to go the first day for "dibs" on the best stuff.  I was thinking I wanted to get to Talbot's before the weekend for that same reason.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo

Is that the same one they film the competition/show where the participants are given x amount of money and the pair that make the most profit (over 2 days I think) wins?

I don't recall what they win but it looks like fun

Honored Contributor

@lucymo

You have to tell me how one shops that thing?! Logistical nightmare! It could simultaneously be a shopaholic's wet dream AND their undoing!

lol

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  No, I think that might be the 450 mile yard sale that runs through KY to Ga or something like that.  I have seen that on the news too but not sure where it is.  Ours is in Mo. 

I can't believe I didn't find anything yesterday.  Heavy rains have pretty much put an end to the sale. 

Wish I had spent the day shopping at the stores.  Sounds like @Pearlee fared much better than I.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@lucymo

You have to tell me how one shops that thing?! Logistical nightmare! It could simultaneously be a shopaholic's wet dream AND their undoing!

lol

@Andreatoo

@Andreatoo  The traffic is a real nightmare as it is on a two lane highway and people drive along shopping from the vehicle until they see something they're interested in and make an abrupt stop.  In years past I've seen parents leave their car doors open into the traffic with kids in the car.  But, law enforcement has really got involved and it isn't as bad as it was years ago.  We just go to an area that has lots of vendors renting space for their wares and walk to maybe 50 vendors booths and then on to more on down the road.  Want to come go with me next year?  LOL

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@lucymo

lol

@Andreatoo

@Andreatoo  The traffic is a real nightmare as it is on a two lane highway and people drive along shopping from the vehicle until they see something they're interested in and make an abrupt stop.  In years past I've seen parents leave their car doors open into the traffic with kids in the car.  But, law enforcement has really got involved and it isn't as bad as it was years ago.  We just go to an area that has lots of vendors renting space for their wares and walk to maybe 50 vendors booths and then on to more on down the road.  Want to come go with me next year?  LOL

@lucymo

Yes. Yes I do! Woman Very Happy