Honored Contributor

I recently bought this and started carrying it a few days ago. I love it!  Pretty lightweight, spacious inside, outside zippered compartment. It's a winner...at least to me. I bought it at 25% off. It's full price again now $99, but Talbots seems to have reductions pretty often. Before the sale ended, I ordered two more to put away for gifts. 

image.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: For my Talbots friends

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh, I like that!  Very clean look and not all that heavy hardware.   LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  Since I'm one of your Talbot's friends, will you send me one of the ones you put away to use as a gift?  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

Reminder - today is the last day for the Friends and Family 30% off sale!

(Although I'm sure they'll soon be having another sale for Mother's Day)

Honored Contributor

I bought some things during friends and family. And you're right @Pearlee. A sale of some type will be right around the corner. 

Oh....and still enjoying the purse I referenced in my original post. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Hi there!  I'm definitely going to Talbot's today.  Didn't make it there over the weekend.  If I have the energy, I may even go to two because they all have such different selections!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  Well, I did go to two different Talbot's today and thought of you at the first one because I tried on the heart sweater you got long before Valentine's Day.   The neckline was too wide for me, but otherwise I liked it and it was a great price, on clearance and then another 30% off.  It felt good too but I passed.

I did get 

SHAKER-STITCHED BOATNECK SWEATER

in the mint mist green color.   It actually looks like Chenille in the photo on the site, but isn't at all.  It's all cotton, feels divine, and is loosely knit, great for summer.  It's chilly here in the midwest for early spring and wearing this pretty sweater (the mint is really pretty) is just the thing! 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I think you shop at Talbot's way more than I do.  I came home and read reviews of my new SHAKER-STITCHED BOATNECK SWEATER.  Most liked it and some even ordered more colors they liked it so much.  But some of the reviews say it stretched out and got baggy and they were unhapy with it. Even though I got it on sale, I'd hate for that to happen and am thinking of returning it.  Do you have any experience with this or a similar sweater in the cotton?  The loose cotton knit just feels so good -- and I do like the color.  But I'm wondering how it will hold up (one reviewer said it washed up beautifully - people seem to be having different experiences with it).  Any input (other than I know I have 90 days to return it in case of a problem.....).

Respected Contributor

I got a card from Talbots yesterday.

They're having a Mother's Day promotion from May 5 - 8.

40 percent off one regular priced item, plus 30 percent off everything else.

Honored Contributor

@peachesncream  Hi!  I got that card too.  There's always some kind of sale going on.