Trusted Contributor

Re: For jeans lovers, how many pair do you own?

In which closet?? Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Before I retired I probably 1--2 pr jeans. Now that I have retired, all the black pants are gone and jeans have taken the space.

I'm learning that I need full length, straight leg, jegging, ankle (no crop) and colors. I need dark, light, denim and then colors! I like them fitted and not baggy but sometime wonder if age appropriate. Talbots is my go to brand. 

It has been hard for me to transition into a casual wardrobe but jackets with the jeans helps me feel a little less sloppy. 

Respected Contributor

I would throw out my back trying to pick up the pile to count.

Honored Contributor

I am determined to live within my means (and closet room). I only have 3 pair of different colored jeans, black jeans, gray jeans and thats it! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I have too many and most of them don't fit due to weight loss. I've gone through all of mine not long ago and purged many regualr jeans, dream feannes leggings, leggings, jeggings, you name it.

I've since found a few new one that work so I've added new ones into my mix, a few from target, a couple of Martha's new ones, samller sizes of d&co that I like.

Too many.

Esteemed Contributor

I have winter jeans and summer jeans.  Dressy jeans and every-day jeans.  Indigo blue jeans; black jeans; light wash jeans; yellow, coral, torquoise, and white jeans.  Jeans for every occasion.  Ask me if I have any non-jeans pants.... that's only 2.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tototwowrote:

I have winter jeans and summer jeans.  Dressy jeans and every-day jeans.  Indigo blue jeans; black jeans; light wash jeans; yellow, coral, torquoise, and white jeans.  Jeans for every occasion.  Ask me if I have any non-jeans pants.... that's only 2.

LOL.  Just like me in other pants.  I only own 2 I got from Banana Republic  Dress pants.  But in jeans, I'm from here to eternity in them.  Have a 4 drawer dresser.  Each drawer is filled to the brim with folded jeans.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear jeans more often now that I'm semi retired. Includes colored jeans (dk gray, stone, dk indigo, black, tan). Favorite jeans come from Costco. Because my weight fluctuates 10 pounds, I buy less expensive, straight-leg jeans that fit well. Nothing fancy. My wardrobe emphasis is generally on tops and accessories.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I have 10 pairs. I am not working right now so I am wearing more jeans. I also keep losing weight due to chronic illness so I keep buying new jeans. Right now I have 3 sizes of jeans in my closet. 

I own: 1 slim leg, 6 straight leg, 2 bootcut, & 1 trouser jean. All are in medium or dark wash blue and full length. I rarely wear jeans in the summer - too hot for me. I prefer a Bermuda short or casual skirt. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not that many. A black pair of skinny jeans,1 light wash, 2 medium wash. I wear these few alot.  A white pair of capris and a dark pair of capris for summer. That's it. I don't want tons of pants. I also wear black or navy yoga pants often. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth