Honored Contributor

Re: For jeans lovers, how many pair do you own?

@suzyQ3wrote:

@songbirdwrote:

Too many to count.  Seriously.  All are premium jeans made in the U.S.   i refuse to buy cheap 3rd world brands.  Most of my jeans are in the $198.00-$250.00 range.

Brands own are:  Frame, MOTHER, Rag & Bone.. J Brand, 3X1, MIH, 7 For All Mankind, Citizens for Humanity, Joe's Jeans, Current Elliott. James Jeans, AG

I only have one pair of True Religion, but I gave it away.  That brand is in financial difficulty and no longer made in the U.S.  Hudson is the other one.  Gave all Hudson brands away.  No longer American made.

@songbird, I'm sure that you didn't mean this to sound like bragging. It's just that I'm not sure why the listing of prices and the slam at those whose jeans might come from another country.

I'm just stating what I have.  And I will only buy a jean if I like it and it's made in the U.S.  I'm only that way with jeans.  I don't care where my other clothes are from.  All brands that are American made have to state that. 80% of clothes offered in the U.S. is made overseas.  I'm just picky about jeans.  American made jeans cost a lot of money because they are unionnized  And compared to factories overseas, very well paid.  Not all of these companies are based in the U.S. either.  Frame, Rag & Bone & MIH are British.  But their factories are in Los Angeles.

Respected Contributor

If I actually took the time to count, the # would be embarrassing. Let’s just say a lot - though never too many!! 😉

Honored Contributor

Dang...I only have  5 pair.  All but one are Lee premium jeans...the other is NYDJ...wow...those jeans fit so nicely, makes me want to buy only their jeans.

Tormorrow I am heading to the mall, hoping to get a black pair of NYDJ....

Who knew a jean could fit so well......

Honored Contributor

I think when you find something that really fits, and washes well,  you sort of tend ,to become ,a horder, fearing they will disappear, and you won't be able to ever find , another that fits so well

Esteemed Contributor

I would rather not say Woman Wink.  Jeans are all I wear every day and I live in a warm climate all year round.  I came from the blue jean generation.  I really don't even like colored jeans though I own white and black ones.  I only wear slim bootcut.  I don't care for slacks, skirts, or dresses.  It makes dressing easy.  Don't ask me how many tops I have to wear with my jeans. Woman LOL That's

where the variety comes in.

I can't walk into a clothing store without walking right to the jeans.  I am not prejudice about make or price.  If they fit and look good, I'm in. 

My name is Tends2Dogs and I am a jeanaholic. Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP here. Now I definitely don’t feel so bad. Forgot to say that I just gave away 7 pair earlier in the week, but those don’t count.

Honored Contributor

At least a dozen and I'm not happy my 2 pair of expensive skinny jeans that I sized up in,do not fit anymore since I was sick and lost weight. I'm done with jeans, I won't buy any pants that are not an elastic waist.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1wrote:

60-65 pair

@Group 5 minus 1

And I can't find 1 pair I like. (the look and fit).

Now it would be a different story if the question were, "How many pairs of black pants do you own?"

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I think when you find something that really fits, and washes well,  you sort of tend ,to become ,a horder, fearing they will disappear, and you won't be able to ever find , another that fits so well

@cherry- yep. That’s why I have some duplicates, new with tags, in the otherwise empty dresser in one of our guest rooms. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu1wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1wrote:

60-65 pair

@Group 5 minus 1

And I can't find 1 pair I like. (the look and fit).

Now it would be a different story if the question were, "How many pairs of black pants do you own?"

@lulu1  I own 1 pair of jeans and 6 pairs of jeggings.  That is correct English wise.  However, that is also true about my closet. 

I did give 5 pairs of jeans this year to the home for trafficked children and 2 pairs of jeggings which left me with the above-noted inventory. 

In the past, I have given to my housekeeper and her children but realize these trafficked children need so much more.  My housekeeper has many people giving but these children in the USA are in the millions and few people even care.