Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: For anyone considering shopping HSN for NYDJ...

I'm noticing that tees, underwear, etc. now are much thinner in quality. I have some old Denim & Co. and some from Mervyn's (now out of business) and they are so much thicker and better quality fabric. JC Penney tees are thinner now too. It's all over and not just the shopping channels.

Super Contributor

I tried JAG jeans from Nordstrom & Zappo's on sale. Love both of them. The size is a perfect fit for me & I am hard to fit. They are pricey when not on sale but they're worth it.
Occasional Contributor

Chrystaltree - Funny that you mentioned sizing down. I DID do that (as I always do with NYDJ) but in this case, with the jeans NOT made in the USA, I looked like I was wearing sausage casings! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

As long as they fit and at a price I can afford I don't care what country they were made in.

Respected Contributor

I tried to locate a NYDJ customer service to ask....nothing. Not on their site and no way on FB site. I'm very disappointed ....yes, some are USA, but I checked Macys real quick and the boot cut was imported. If I'm spending that kind of money, I want it to support American workers making our clothes...manufacturing. Mine are USA, but if this is what's going to be the future of the brand, I will look elsewhere. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

On 6/12/2014 LillyPickle said:

I just double-checked the product description on HSN (Alisha Ankle Length). It states "made in the USA". {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

The label in the jeans reads "made in China".

I would have never ordered if I had known this. I just checked the NYDJ site which shows the same style as made in the USA, as well as Nordstrom's website (who also has this style on sale) and they also show made in the USA. Not sure I'll buy online again if it's common practice for retailers to send something different.

I guess I'll have to get myself to Nordstrom's and see for myself. Now I only hope they have my size!

On some styles Nordstom states Made in USA,

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nydj-anabelle-stretch-skinny-jeans-angora-lake-regular-petite/3762173?or...

but on other styles, "By NYDJ; made in the USA or imported"

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nydj-clarissa-fitted-stretch-ankle-skinny-jeans-regular-petite/3600739?o...

Super Contributor

On 6/14/2014 PKB said:
On 6/12/2014 LillyPickle said:

I just double-checked the product description on HSN (Alisha Ankle Length). It states "made in the USA". {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

The label in the jeans reads "made in China".

I would have never ordered if I had known this. I just checked the NYDJ site which shows the same style as made in the USA, as well as Nordstrom's website (who also has this style on sale) and they also show made in the USA. Not sure I'll buy online again if it's common practice for retailers to send something different.

I guess I'll have to get myself to Nordstrom's and see for myself. Now I only hope they have my size!

On some styles Nordstom states Made in USA,

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nydj-anabelle-stretch-skinny-jeans-angora-lake-regular-petite/3762173?or...

but on other styles, "By NYDJ; made in the USA or imported"

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nydj-clarissa-fitted-stretch-ankle-skinny-jeans-regular-petite/3600739?o...

Nordstom website for NYDJ Alisha states "By NYDJ; made in the USA or imported."

Honored Contributor

Just to let you know I bought the NYDJ ankle pant in 3 colors on Nordstrom.com for 62.00@ last week. I love them. to let you know again I just looked at the label and they are made in the USA. The fit is the same as every pair I have. That is what's I love about NYDJ, every pair fits the same! I would be mad if they were made in China, and lacking fit! Shame on NYDJ, whaT a way to ruin their reputation! not a good move IMO Sorry for your distress, and I am very thankful you let us know about this! Shoe
Occasional Contributor

Shoekitty - Thanks for letting us know about your find at Nordstrom's! I guess some retailers still carry the US made versions of NYDJ.

I'm so disappointed in HSN for stating in the product description that the pair I ordered was made in USA, when the tag inside shows they are not. The sizing on this pair was soooooo off that it was ridiculous!

I think I'll keep my fingers crossed and try Nordstrom's. Thanks again! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 6/13/2014 songbird said:
On 6/13/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

It isn't just HSN....see my previous post.

I bought mine from Macy's.

It looks like this brand is going down that road....

I don't step foot in Macy's anymore. Horrible clothing for sale. I'd rather spend more money at Nordstom.

Ok. But that has nothing to do with the brand NYDJ.

And you managed to slip in an insult to someone who shops at Macy's. (Me.)

Hope it makes your day happier!

I guess I'd better return those horrible BCBG clothes I purchased last week at awful Macy's instead of buying them -- and paying more $$$ -- for the identical items at the BCBG boutique.