Occasional Contributor

For anyone considering shopping HSN for NYDJ...

...you may want to think twice! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I ordered a pair of ankle length jeans that were at a special sale price last week. Since I own several pairs of this brand (that I've bought at different retail brick and mortar stores) I knew exactly what size I needed. When the jeans arrived in the mail yesterday, the fit was completely off and the fabric felt different. When I looked at the label, it said "MADE IN CHINA". I opened my closet and looked at every pair that I currently own and they were all labeled "MADE IN THE USA". The HSN pair was just not the same quality. I had to send them back because even though the jeans were at a sale price, they were not worth the money! Just sayin'...you may want to think twice before ordering this brand from HSN.

Regular Contributor

Re: For anyone considering shopping HSN for NYDJ...

I've noticed quite a number of new posters starting negative threads about HSN products.

LOL

Honored Contributor

i think it depends on which style you choose.....some say made in usa, some say imported. if you want to buy only the made in the usa then you can easily check out the item description.

for example, the briella style on hsn says imported. the briella style on the nydj website says imported.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I just double-checked the product description on HSN (Alisha Ankle Length). It states "made in the USA". {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

The label in the jeans reads "made in China".

I would have never ordered if I had known this. I just checked the NYDJ site which shows the same style as made in the USA, as well as Nordstrom's website (who also has this style on sale) and they also show made in the USA. Not sure I'll buy online again if it's common practice for retailers to send something different.

I guess I'll have to get myself to Nordstrom's and see for myself. Now I only hope they have my size!

Trusted Contributor

I bought 2 pairs of Alisha from HSN. One is made in China,the other USA. My Nordies did not carry the Alishas,but had the Clarissa. The salesgirl told me some NYJD have fabric from here,but were made in China. She said there was a discrepancy in the fit with the Clarissa and to size up. I did as she said,but the jeans stretched out so much,I returned them all. Tried smaller usual size and no luck. If NYDJ goes to China,I quit buying them.
Honored Contributor

Slightly O/T but I find that the Pfaltzgraff Tea Rose pattern dishes are different when you compare the Made in the USA vs. Made in China pieces. The USA pieces are thicker and heftier than the ones from China.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I may be wrong but I really think there is a difference in the items being sent to the shopping channels than those sold in retail. It's almost as if the shopping channels are getting "outlet" items.

I ordered a DKNY handbag about a year ago and although it came with a price tag hanging from the strap, like you would see out in retail, it said HSN on it in very small print leading me to believe these were made just for HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a pair of this brand and sent them back, fit was way off.

Respected Contributor

Wow part of the reason I like this brand is because it's made in the US.

If they're going to start manufacturing in China, they'll be like everyone else. And you won't be able to trust the sizing, which has always been another plus for this brand. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

Hey...

I just checked the pair of Aileen ankle pants I received from Macy's last week. I ordered them online.

Guess what? Made in China.

I never even looked at the label.

And they weren't any cheaper either.

Is this the beginning of the end of their quality?

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero