Trusted Contributor

For Those Who Can Wear Junior Jeans...

My rec for jeans if you can wear junior sizes and cuts. I haven't worn jeans for quite a few years because I don't find them to be too flattering on me, but I recently found a few pairs of jeans that fit great and I wanted to pass it along.  For some reason, junior sizes fit me better, maybe because I have a short rise even though I'm 5'5".  Mid-rise jeans in misses come higher than my waist.  QVC and HSN jeans come up to my chest because of all the extra tummy material.  I just got fabulous junior jeans from SHEIN (skinny jeans with lots of stretch) and Wallflower jeans from Amazon.  All around $20-25.  So happy I can wear jeans again!

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

Re: For Those Who Can Wear Junior Jeans...

@Deree wrote:

My rec for jeans if you can wear junior sizes and cuts. I haven't worn jeans for quite a few years because I don't find them to be too flattering on me, but I recently found a few pairs of jeans that fit great and I wanted to pass it along.  For some reason, junior sizes fit me better, maybe because I have a short rise even though I'm 5'5".  Mid-rise jeans in misses come higher than my waist.  QVC and HSN jeans come up to my chest because of all the extra tummy material.  I just got fabulous junior jeans from SHEIN (skinny jeans with lots of stretch) and Wallflower jeans from Amazon.  All around $20-25.  So happy I can wear jeans again!

JR jeans fit me better, too and for the same reasons you stated. I'm 5'6"

I've been afraid to order from SHEIN but may have to try them out.  True to size?   I have some Wallflower jeans from Amazon and they DO fit well!

Honored Contributor

My understnding is that Jr are odd numbered and Misses is even numbered.  However, when I was shopping for jeans a month ago in Kohls when I couldn't find what I wanted in Misses, I stopped off at Juniors as I was walking out of the store and discovered a bunch of even numbered jeans in Juniors.  Didn't find my size in the style I wanted, but I wondering why they had them in the Jr Dept.  

But, then I went to Belk, and they also had a bunch of even numbered jeans in their Jr. Dept. too.  

Just call me confused.

Regular Contributor

I have two pair of Wallflower jeans from Amazon. OMG! they are the best. And a quarter of the price anywhere else. I purchased the boot cut to wear with my Frye Boots. 

Regular Contributor

OBTH, I wear a size 4 in most jeans. Size 2 in NYDJ and a size 7 in Juniors.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Funloving wrote:

@Deree wrote:

JR jeans fit me better, too and for the same reasons you stated. I'm 5'6"

I've been afraid to order from SHEIN but may have to try them out.  True to size?   I have some Wallflower jeans from Amazon and they DO fit well!

Sorry for the late reply.  I don't come here too often any longer.

I recently discovered SHEIN and I have to say, I'm very impressed.  Yes, from China and it does take a couple of weeks to arrive, but I've ordered quite a few things already and they are reliable.  They also take free returns.  The skinny jeans that are labeled as "High Stretch" are so stretchy that you can definitely order down a size, but they do provide measurements and that's what you should go by rather than the number on the clothes.  The pair of skinny jeans I got have a scarf tied to one of the loopholes.  I LOVE them!

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.