Valued Contributor

Re: For Those That Wear White

@ECBG  High school!  Now I understand the high heels!  I was an elementary primary grades teacher for over forty years!

Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

@ECBG  High school!  Now I understand the high heels!  I was an elementary primary grades teacher for over forty years!

@pprmntstx Awww....those little cuties.  I was the most professional according to the teachers.  They even wanted me to give a class on how to dress!  I didn't think I should "go there",lol!!!

As it happens, my 5th grade teacher's son grew up to be in the NC House Of Rep.  I taught her adoped grandson and his daughter!!!

Valued Contributor

@ECBG  So nice to have some fond memories of those years!

Esteemed Contributor

In addition to the nude and tan shades already mentioned, I like to wear a light pewter shoe with summer whites.  It's less harsh than black.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I have never hesitated to wear black with white!  Little white or a. lot black and white are hard to beat.

Black shoes of any kind, add black bracelet, black small purse, earrings, etc. Black and white are great all year in my mind (although I'd do actually an ivory in winter).

I have several pair of dressier black sandals and wear them      with white pants a lot.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

In addition to the nude and tan shades already mentioned, I like to wear a light pewter shoe with summer whites.  It's less harsh than black.  

@shoesnbags 

Agree. I wear tan, nude, or metallic shoes with white. 

Honored Contributor

I don't see a problem with wearing black shoes when wearing black and white or even just white. I'm just not drawn to black shoes when shopping. I like nude tones generally but I do wear a lot of black and white and recognized that I need a pair of black shoes and not just my combat boots! LOL I recently purchased these but I haven't gotten them yet

9A9C8305-65C3-4B93-B7D0-B3E9E5AD6767.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I used to read that kind of like a nude or very light colored tan shoe was neutral and elongated the leg as well.  Also, no worry about clashing colors.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I have some white pants and white capris that I wear a lot to work and church in the summer months.  The shoe (sandal) all depends on the top I wear.  Most of the time I wear a tan sandal.  But if the top is navy or black, I'll wear a navy or black sandal.  And, I don't think black is too harsh to wear with white at all.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this color shoe with white.Image of Marc Fisher LTD Orla Sandal