Esteemed Contributor

“For Orchard Outings?” Hahaha - do u go to orchards?

There is actually a section on Q’s home page that apparently has clothes that we might need for our outings to orchards! This cracks me up! Does anybody actually spend their time going to apple or say....pumpkin orchards??? Do we need a set of clothes designed for that purpose? Some marketing person is truly out of touch at QVC. ROFL

Honored Contributor

Re: “For Orchard Outings?” Hahaha - do u go to orchards?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I go to the cherry orchard every year and flounder on fresh picked cherries while sitting on a ladder picking cherries for the bucket.  As far as my clothing goes, jeans and tee or light flannel shirt...not exactly designer fare.  

Valued Contributor

Yes, every year our family does our outing apple picking at the orchard.  We have a great time there and then we all go out for dinner.  We have so much fun!!! The kids love it and the scenery is beautiful. Figuring out what to wear is challenging since years ago, it seemed to be cold while lately it's been really hot. And yes, we also go pumpkin picking that day.  But glad you got a laugh out of it!!!!

Respected Contributor

Go every year to pick apples.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Orchards are not just for picking fruit. The ones near me are sort of like a fair. Cider is pressed and they make fresh donuts. They have craft stalls, and sell produce, and homemade treats

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361Sorry but I think you must live where there are few "pick-them-yourself" orchards and fields. That would probably make you think the QVC writers are out of touch, but this time I think you are.

As for what to wear?  Not what you'd likely wear to the office or a garden wedding but lots of Denim & Co and other lines close to that is what I've worn and seen.

Clothes are not the problem on Long Island's outdoor produce areas this time of year -  it's the crowds and the traffic. 

Esteemed Contributor

What can I say? I’m here to learn. 🙂

I have never been to an orchard or had any friends ever go to one. It’s something I see on orange juice commercials.

Honored Contributor

I think lots of "city" folks make a day of orchard outings, usually there are other things going on, food, games for kids, hayrides, etc.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

There are a few PYO (pick your own) places around here.  One currently has apples, peaches, pears, corn, tomatoes, sweet peppers, and eggplant.  It's more expensive than the supermarket, though you're paying for the experience and transport to the orchard or field. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lots of fun riding on a hayride out to the fields , picking apples or cherries, or in the spring, strawberries. I would certainly not be wearing any good clothes to go do these activities though.Depending on the weather either jeans and a t shirt or jeans and a sweatshirt, and shoes you can get all muddy and take home & wash. I always would wear garden shoes.

Too bad the OP not only has never had this fun experience but choses to mock those who do it.