Trusted Contributor

Re: Flutter sleeves - like them or not?

I wore flutter sleeves back in the '70's!  They were really in then but I don't care for them at my age now!  I really don't like all the scarf looking tops they show now either!  All that extra fabric just flies around and gets in the way and makes it a chore to put on a jacket or sweater over them!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I don't like flutter sleeves. I am not really into flowy or flouncy tops - just not my style. I prefer structured garments overall. One exception would be a-line skirts that give movement around my bottom half. 

New Contributor

I don't care for flutter sleeve, except they are roomy. As a plus lady, my arms are my sad spot. I would prefer a longer elbow sleeve. But many times, the sleeve on an outfit is tight.

Respected Contributor

It depends on how they're cut. If there's not too much "flutter" going on, they're ok. I have a One World slub knit top from a few years ago that has a flat flutter sleeve, if that makes sense. I think it's very fluttering.... er, flattering on me. :-)

Honored Contributor

I'm not generally a fan of cap sleeves or flutter sleeves but as far as unflattering I think the cap sleeve is the one that draws attention to an imperfect upper arm and not the flutter.

A cap sleeve can look worse than no sleeve in my opinion

Honored Contributor

I don't care for them, I have this "thing" about excess fabric flapping around. Drive me nuts. lol
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

No for me. I prefer sleeveless or a fitted short sleeve without any gaps.

Honored Contributor

I'm no longer young enough for this length and it's much too youthful.

Image result for flutter sleeve

I WILL do this, although, this one has too much volume.

Image result for flutter sleeve

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me - but I like them on other ladies.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

It depends on how wide the flutter is and where it hits.  Just like with any other sleeve, it's all about fit and proportion.