Occasional Contributor

I would love and appreciate any suggestions or ideas for what sort of clothing to wear in Central Florida (Port St. Lucie) around the beginning of November. I thought you could frame any suggestions in terms of QVC clothing, maybe by item name or number, I have lots of it but other things too. Hubs is retired and I'm younger, I mean young at heart  I mean almost 60 Smiley Happy  This would help me out SO MUCH in figuring out what the heck to pack! It's weird, but I've never been there other than January or May and I'm just using a carry on. Any tips would be greatly appreciated Thank You! 

Honored Contributor

Temps today in SW florida were mid 80's with some but not much humidity. By November the humidity will be essentially gone and the temps in the high 70s to low 80s here - however, we are on the Gulf so we have more moderate temps than central Florida. I hope you have a wonderful time. How long are you staying?

Respected Contributor

I live in the Orlando area.  Early Nov. is still capri/short sleeve weather with perhaps a light cotton sweater in the evening.  Late Nov. is cooler and you might want to bring a couple pair of slacks and a little warmer sweater.  Port St. Lucie is probably a bit warmer than Orlando since it is further south.

Super Contributor

I live about an hour south of Port St.Lucie.  Capris and short sleeve T shirts for day and jeans and light sweater for evenings.  Sandals and flip flops. 

If the area has a cold front that may have moved in, you might want to bring extra jeans or slacks for the daytime. 

Port St.Lucie is a very casual area.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Florida in November

[ Edited ]

Oh that sounds great.. essentially,very similar to an indian summer here in NY which is a hot September.. and that is a month I am always sad to see end.  I'll only be there for a couple of weeks. Even though I would love to stay longer, mom is late stage Alzheimer's and I am her caregiver so I'm lucky to be able to go at all.   Sounds like I can roll up some comfy knits and toss in some berkies and something pretty for here or there. Is a little black dress appropriate at all? We love our black in NY, though  I wear lots of linen skirts and boat neck sleeveless tops, cotton cardis in neutrals here in summer. I'm really happy the humidity won't be much of a factor. Thank you for some great advice and actually.. moral support!

Honored Contributor

I have 2 LBD and wear them to death here in SW Fl. Church, out to plays etc and nicer dinners. One of mine is a Susan Graver short sleeve ponte knit and it gets the most wear - the other a sleeveless sheath from Macy's in a crepe fabric that I wear a pretty crochet shrug with. Highly recommend a LBD whenever going on vaca.