Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flip Flop Recommendation - Ones you feel you could walk miles in :)

OluKai Ohana or OluKai "Ho Opio"

OLUKAI Ohana Flip Flop, Main, color, MARINE/ BLACK

Some of these thongs have leather straps (I prefer them).  Some have a fabric between the toe and across the foot (I've never owned any).  The leather ones are won-der-ful!!!  They are so nice feeling on the bare foot.  I had a pair for so many Summers and last Summer they were a gonna because the thong came out of the shoe.  Years, I had them.  Got them from Zappos and didn't pay nearly as much as they are costing now.

OLUKAI Ohana Flip Flop, Main, color, CHARCOAL/ ONYX

OLUKAI Ohana Flip Flop, Main, color, CHARCOAL/ ONYX

As you can see this one is a leather footbed with a fabric thong for your toes in between, but it features a leather cross strap.  There are several iterations with loads of colors.  Loads and loads of colors.  Also they are a comfort brand and your toes will never fall off the edge.  

OLUKAI 'Ho Opio' Leather Flip Flop, Main, color, RED GINGER PATENT LEATHER

OLUKAI 'Ho Opio' Leather Flip Flop, Main, color, GOLD/ BLACK LEATHER

OLUKAI Honu Flip Flop, Main, color, PINK COPPER/ SAHARA LEATHER

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@SandGirl ...................A377640

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@SandGirl,

Like another poster said, I discovered Reef flip flops from my daughter a few years ago.

She let me borrow hers when I had to walk on really hard floors visiting my mother. They were like walking on a cloud and saved my feet!

So last year I went on their website and ordered 2 pairs  my own. They also have beautiful colors.I'm pretty sure the ones I have are called cushion court and you can't tell from the picture but they are like walking on a cushion but good for arches too.

We both got one pair for outside and one pair for inside only!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay   These look great!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE, I have so many open tabs on my computer and things in carts now I'm going to read reviews and see also if some of these can be found locally so I can try them on, sometimes I have to go oup a size in flip flops, I'm excited to try a new pair and plan to wear them around home before I wear them ALL DAY long on vacation this summer.

THANK YOU - Have a blessed Saturday!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A393622 Earth Origins Suede sport sandals.  The footbed is so comfortable, they are like wearing slippers and are adjustable with the velcro straps.  I've had them for a few seasons now and love them Smiley Happy  @SandGirl 

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

A393622 Earth Origins Suede sport sandals.  The footbed is so comfortable, they are like wearing slippers and are adjustable with the velcro straps.  I've had them for a few seasons now and love them Smiley Happy  @SandGirl 

@LindaSal Thank you, these look great but with all the straps and being HOT and sweaty from walking I alwalys end up with sores from strappy type sandals, I really have to keep it more basic than this for less rubbing but these would be great for summer for sure! Just wouldn't want to get them wet.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are looking for actual "flip flops" for the beach, pool, etc. I would recommend Havianas.  Havianas.com

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Spenco "Yumi" or "Fusion Fade".  I have walked many miles on tough terrain in these.  I find them very comfortable, hammer toes and all.

I've worn them usually in men's or (they used to size them) in unisex.  A Spenco 7 mens fits my 8.5 womens nicely, though a womans 9 works, too.

I agree about Spenco Yumi.  I use these as my walk shoes and everything else.  I tried Vionic and they killed my lower back.  The best prices I have found are on A.  I order up one size in the women's.  I have never ordered men's for me.........are they wider than the women's? @Sweetbay magnolia 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

For me?  Ecco Women's Yucatan sandals.  But they make flip flips and slides too.  Top drawer for me.  I had pairs of them for several years and walked and walked on vacation.

They are supportive, cool, and velcro straps on and off easy peasy.  Other brands make similar styles. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Catlady Nicole I have several pairs of Teva in the wedge style.  I looked up the ones you mentioned and several people on A said they were selling fake Teva's.  Where do you get yours?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!