Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flip Flop Recommendation - Ones you feel you could walk miles in :)

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote:

Olukai.......I won't buy anything else.

I say Vionic Kiwi's.  They have black and a neutral color (taupe).

I live in them year round.

I have pairs for inside only.

I need arch support.  (I think everyone needs arch support!)

No blisters because there's generous padding.

What I like especially is that you can clean them, they aren't leather or leather-like insoles.  So wiping them down is do-able.  Disinfecting them is do-able!  So important.

I also like that they aren't made of leather.  So cruelty-free.Heart

In case you didn't know, I just wanted to let you know when it comes to labeling cruelty free garments that leather is a natural fiber.  Like cotton, linen and silk.  Leather is cruelty free.  It is a by product of another natural resource: the cow!

Also you can't disinfect plastic.  You can clean it but you can't disinfect it @Lucky Charm .  Thanks for the tips though.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote:

What I like especially is that you can clean them, they aren't leather or leather-like insoles.  So wiping them down is do-able.  Disinfecting them is do-able!  So important.

In case you didn't know, I just wanted to let you know when it comes to labeling cruelty free garments that leather is a natural fiber.  Like cotton, linen and silk.  Leather is cruelty free.  It is a by product of another natural resource: the cow!

Also you can't disinfect plastic.  You can clean it but you can't disinfect it @Lucky Charm .  Thanks for the tips though.

In case you didn't know, I just wanted to let you know when it comes to lableing cruelty free garments that leather is not a cruelty free product. 

A steak is not a cruelty free meal. 

Silk, (along with angora, pearls, Mother of Pearl and coral) is not cruelty free.

And the surface of plastic can be disinfected.

@gertrudecloset 

Valued Contributor

Ones?????   

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote:

In case you didn't know, I just wanted to let you know when it comes to lableing cruelty free garments that leather is not a cruelty free product. 

A steak is not a cruelty free meal. 

Silk, (along with angora, pearls, Mother of Pearl and coral) is not cruelty free.

And the surface of plastic can be disinfected.

@gertrudecloset 

@Lucky Charm Cruelty free is a term used for the cosmetics industry.  Vegan options for wanna be leather don't get this industry labeling.  Pleather is not a cruelty free option as it is not used in the cosmetic or pharmaceutical industry.  Faux leather is petro chemicals which is cruel unto it self.  Leather (skin of any animal) is a by product of our food distribution and farming industry.  

Manufacturers of faux leather garments have begun using this term disproportionately to get $$$ from you.  The term only applies to cosmetics and testing on animals.  I've seen non leather items called "vegan."  That's fine, but real leather is a natural resource which is a by-product of another industry.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Super Contributor

I used to have some Clark’s flip flops. They were so nice. They actually had a nice footbed and leather straps. Had a stripped foot area. Nice looking. Nice quality. Unfortunately Clark’s has not come out with any more flip flops as nice as those were. It seems that everything has gone down hill quality wise.
Honored Contributor

Good suggestions here.

I'd try options with arch supports.

I believe a Spenco flip flop was recently aired on an Accessories show.  Looked as though the arch was supported.

Vionic is always a good choice.

Look for good arch support and a stable foot bed.  Also,  pliable (maybe fabric?) where the tong is, between the toes. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Go ahead and take a good look at that Spenco.  Very cute patterns and colors.  Quite a few, in fact.

Recently aired show was Accessories.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).