Super Contributor

Re: Flip Flop Recommendation - Ones you feel you could walk miles in :)

Olukai.......I won't buy anything else.

Honored Contributor

@Lvqfan wrote:

Olukai.......I won't buy anything else.

I say Vionic Kiwi's.  They have black and a neutral color (taupe).

I live in them year round.

I have pairs for inside only.

I need arch support.  (I think everyone needs arch support!)

No blisters because there's generous padding.

What I like especially is that you can clean them, they aren't leather or leather-like insoles.  So wiping them down is do-able.  Disinfecting them is do-able!  So important.

I also like that they aren't made of leather.  So cruelty-free.Heart

Honored Contributor

If we're talking about actual flip flops (the kind that can get wet) and not thong type sandals, I would recommend Crocs or Oofos.

If we're talking about thong sandals, I'd recommend one of the many Birkenstock/Birkis/Papillios styles.

Valued Contributor

IMO, most comfortable flip-flops are Baretraps Dasie.  

Honored Contributor

Vionics or these from Alegria. A394761

Valued Contributor

Clarks cloudsteppers
Trusted Contributor

I only wear Yellow Box flip-flops. I live in them all summer. I usually buy a new pair to add to my collection each spring, but have had trouble finding many this season. I can wear them all day and they feel great. I wear ones with a wedge sole, not high, but enough to give some support. I even have an after 5 pair for evening wear. 

Valued Contributor

While technically not a flip flop, I recently got a pair of these slides from OOFOS,and I have been singing their praise to anyone who will listen to me. They are the most comfortable things I've ever had on my feet. I feel like I'm walking on two marshmallows.  I know they make a flip flop too and they have the blessing of the American Podiatric Medical Association.  They are made for athletic recovery after sports. I just can't recommend them enough.  I got the pretty mauve pair and I'll definitely be going back for more. 

https://www.oofos.com/products/womens-ooahh-slide-sandal-mauve?variant=39630141587571

Valued Contributor

hands down...Spenco.
Super Contributor

@riley1, I have a pair of Reefs that I thought were very expensive at the time. However, they are an unusual color combination (brown/pink) and I just love them. I have had them for years and they still look new. Otherwise, I swear by Vionics. I have 8-10 pairs of the Tide Flip-flops, wear them around the house and out whenever the weather permits. They fit me perfectly, the arch exactly fitted to my foot. I had a terrible case of plantar fasciitis in one foot in 2012, and the Vionic orthotics (recommended by my podiatrist) and the flip-flops saved me, with the help of a topical cream. Never came back, and I still love Vionics. Love some of their loafers and flats, too.