Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fleece coat/jacket advice? I need a knock-about one!

On 9/19/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 9/19/2014 wagirl said:
On 9/19/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Own this and love it. It's D&C A209332.

Denim & Co. Fleece Toggle Coat with Sherpa Lining and Trim - A209332

I have this one in brown and got it several years ago--had to repair the lining as it ripped and the one I got for my daughter ripped out and shredded so badly that I just gave it away. Also if you have pets, fleece is awful for attracting the pet hair. I am in the process of getting rid of everything fleece. I have one cat and you would think I have 20 the way this coat is covered in fur. Yuck!!!!

I've not had a problem with the lining in mine but I've had this for a few years so if it does rip, it wouldn't surprise me. I've worn it a lot and it wasn't that expensive.

I have 2 dogs that are both shedders. I don't really have a problem with my fleece jacket because I put it on as I'm leaving and take it off when I get home. Anything I own that I lay around the house in ends up caked in hair. Smile

Wagirl, the OP asked for fleece. Because it's a yuck for you doesn't mean millions of others aren't going to wear it when cooler weather sets in. I bought that D&C toggle coat and liked it. The only reason I passed it on to someone else is because it was too big for me. The person I gave it to still wears it, and the lining is not shredded and the fabric is not pilled. BTW: the recipient has a dog too.

I would recommend the D&C toggle coat. I didn't check, but Bob Mackie used to offer nice fleece coats and jackets. Land's End has some nice inexpensive fleece outerwear. I have a couple of their jackets and they hold up well. I do not have a pet, so I cannot address that issue in this case.

Honored Contributor

I saw a lightweight fleece blazer presented the other day on QVC. It was a little different & may or may not work for you. They said it would work for outerwear and also for wearing instead of a cardigan inside.

Honored Contributor

I wound up ordering A229525 from Qvc and the one from Land's End that someone mentioned. I got 30 off on the Land's End one so I can't wait to get them and compare. I also ordered the little green jacket that someone else posted about for $33. It looks like something nice to toss on and go!

It was so nice to get so many opinions and suggestions from this group! It's fun to "shop" with others and hear what they think!

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 peachesncream said:

Columbia jackets are also carried at Kohl's.

I really like that Lands End jacket. I have a couple of their Heavenly Fleece jackets that have lasted for years.

I think Columbia is my favorite fleece; it never pills and is very warm but lightweight; ordered one SG fleece jacket a few yrs ago and it was such poor quality I didn't even try it on, just right back into the package to return. JCP has the Columbia fleece jacket on sale right now; you can check it out online.

Honored Contributor

Do they still make those faux velvet textured warm up jackets? I had one of those a long time ago and LOVED it! LOL!!! Haven't thought about that in years.

Super Contributor

I ordered the Lands End jacket. I bought the charcoal. I really wanted all the colors but I had to decide on only one!

I will review it if anyone is interested, after I get it. It looks warm and cozy and just the right weight for that nip in the air (when it finally gets here!). I am so ready for fall, it has been too hot here!

Super Contributor

Ima, I looked at this coat online last night. I think you just sold it to me ; )

Honored Contributor

On 9/21/2014 Sooner said:

Do they still make those faux velvet textured warm up jackets? I had one of those a long time ago and LOVED it! LOL!!! Haven't thought about that in years.

Do you mean something like this?

(Macy's)

Style&co. Sport Petite Animal-Print Velour Hoodie

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 JackieBlue said:

Ima, I looked at this coat online last night. I think you just sold it to me ; )

Hi Jackie! lol It is so nice looking isn't it? There is one review now and it is a 5 star review, the woman says it is a slight A line and it is soft. She also says that you can close the top of the coat up with a button, so that is nice, you can't really tell that from the picture. She also says that the sleeves can be rolled up so that is also good in case you need that.

I hope we all love our coat and wear it in good health!

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/19/2014 BonAtTheBeach said:

Not sure if this is your "style", but I love this and can't wait to wear it. Just know it's a true A-line style. Very flattering and roomy, and there are other colors. Some excellent reviews from ladies who are shorter like you. It's Bob Mackie: A258139. Hope you find something you love!

Bob Mackies Houndstooth Print Fleece Jacket

This is a cute jacket.