Honored Contributor

Re: Fleece coat/jacket advice? I need a knock-about one!

On 9/19/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Own this and love it. It's D&C A209332.

Denim & Co. Fleece Toggle Coat with Sherpa Lining and Trim - A209332

I have this one in brown and got it several years ago--had to repair the lining as it ripped and the one I got for my daughter ripped out and shredded so badly that I just gave it away. Also if you have pets, fleece is awful for attracting the pet hair. I am in the process of getting rid of everything fleece. I have one cat and you would think I have 20 the way this coat is covered in fur. Yuck!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 imaclotheshog said:

Depends on what you like in fleece coats. I don't like coats with mandarin collars or collars that you can't fold down, that annoys me. I also don't like coats with any kind of elastic around the waist, that makes the coat bunch up and stay there when you get in the car. If you are hippy (like me) the coat bunches up when you sit in the car then when you get there and get out, you have to pull the coat down and the top you have on since the coat made the top ride up too!

The fleece jacket I have is just a lightweight Columbia jacket, and it is really too short. I throw it on mostly to take the dog out when it is chilly. It's too thin for me to walk the dog in, if I were going to do that I would need a heavier jacket in cool weather.

I just noticed a new fleece coat at Lands End! And it is 30% off right now. I think I am going to buy it. It will be $62 and change with the discount, and then you pay tax also. However NO S&H. Love that. Here is it is, I don't know what color I want yet. I love the length and that it comes down over the hips, and pockets and the neckline. I think I will be getting this beige color on the model- she has the same color of hair as I do so I think it will look nice on me! lol

I love that too!!!! I like that one in the dark brown too because it wouldn't show dirt if I were in the stadium sitting etc.

Honored Contributor

Search Bob mackie - he always has nice ones - so does Susan Graver

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 happy housewife said:

Search Bob mackie - he always has nice ones - so does Susan Graver

I like the camel hound's-tooth one! That is cute!
Thanks!

Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Sooner said:
I love that too!!!! I like that one in the dark brown too because it wouldn't show dirt if I were in the stadium sitting etc.

I know, the brown is great too. That would definitely not show dirt and neither would the charcoal one. I love the pockets on this one. They look nice and deep, good for keys when you are running in the grocery or somewhere!

In fact I just decided I like all the colors. I wish they would show a pic of the inside lining I would like to know what it looks like. I think I am going to buy one while they are offering the 30% off.

Respected Contributor

I just ordered that Lands' End coat yesterday. At first I put the charcoal one in my cart and then changed my mind and ordered the brown. I used the 30% off on it. I can't wait to get it.

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 wagirl said:
On 9/19/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Own this and love it. It's D&C A209332.

Denim & Co. Fleece Toggle Coat with Sherpa Lining and Trim - A209332

I have this one in brown and got it several years ago--had to repair the lining as it ripped and the one I got for my daughter ripped out and shredded so badly that I just gave it away. Also if you have pets, fleece is awful for attracting the pet hair. I am in the process of getting rid of everything fleece. I have one cat and you would think I have 20 the way this coat is covered in fur. Yuck!!!!

I've not had a problem with the lining in mine but I've had this for a few years so if it does rip, it wouldn't surprise me. I've worn it a lot and it wasn't that expensive.

I have 2 dogs that are both shedders. I don't really have a problem with my fleece jacket because I put it on as I'm leaving and take it off when I get home. Anything I own that I lay around the house in ends up caked in hair. Smile

Honored Contributor

Oh no. I feel a Land's End coming on! LOL!!!! Ahoy! I love those pockets on that one. I hope the collar wouldn't come up too high in back. I can't stand bulky heavy things on the back of my neck!

Super Contributor

What about that reversible fleece coat from Susan Graver?

Honored Contributor

I personally wouldn't recommend Susan's fleece. I ordered one last year. It had a ruffle down the front and buttoned. It was a former TSV.

The fleece was horrible. I wouldn't even call it fleece. It was stiff and cheap feeling. It was more like felt than fleece. Not sure if all her fleece coats are like that one was.