Valued Contributor

I just got back from Stein Mart, where I had to return a pair of footless fleece lined tights that I bought the other day. I know that tights and leggings run small, so I bought a pair of M/L which indicated they would fit someone up to 5'11 and 170 pounds.  I'm five feet tall and weigh about 135.  Those tights when pulled up all the way could barely cover the bottom inch of my stomach.  It was like they were bikini cut or something!  So weird.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Fleece Lined Tights

[ Edited ]

@sgraham30 wrote:

I bought several of the fleece lined leggings a couple of years ago at one of local discount stores, don't remember which one, I wear them under my jeans for warmth on the really cold days when the daily high is in the single digits or the teens. If you plan on wearing them under jeans for warmth, I would suggest getting a pair of jeans a size larger than what you normally wear. I initially wore them under my usual size of jeans, had a heck of a time zipping the jeans up & tucking them into my boots. I ordered the same jeans from Kohl's, but in a size larger, problem solved.

@sgraham30

I would think since they are fleece lined they can be worn without underwear.  Then they should fit fine under your jeans,  or worn outside without underwear if the weather allows.

Honored Contributor

I bought my first pair recently but mine are like regular tights, with the feet in them.  However, I have a terrible time keeping them up. They continually slide down.  The fit is fine and I love the way they feel but I tried wearing them under a dress with boots and I yanked all day long. 

Maybe I need to try some footless ones. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I'm wearing my new footless under a dress today, with my knee high boots. It's very cold today. So I'll see how it goes. Hope it won't be all day pullups.

I put on a pair of black boot socks, obviously can't go barefoot. I need some new boot socks, found some at Loft for 50% off and they have free shipping today. Think I'll order.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

Since I live in Phoenix, I don't wear fleece lined tights.  However, a few months ago I did order a two pack of Muk Luk fleece lined tights from QVC in case I needed them when I traveled to the D.C. area to  visit my family over the holidays.  Boy am I glad I did.  With the temps in the single digits, they were worn and were wonderful.  I ordered two more pair for my next winter visit just in case.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Fleece Lined Tights

[ Edited ]

@EatWell, how thick do you think underwear is? (I never mentioned anything about wearing or not wearing underwear when I wear fleece lined leggings) I wear them for warmth under my jeans on the cold winter days IL has. I like my jeans to fit snugly, the fleece lined leggings underneath make them fit more tightly than I like so I personally go up a size in jeans.