Super Contributor

Re: Flattering??? Don't think so!!!

On 10/16/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I don't get what is so hideous about it. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I agree lol!!! I wear alot of sport/athletic wear due to the nature of my job...it would work perfectly over a tee and leggings! Yes, I do wear leggings and quite honestly, it's a MUST to cover your backside when wearing them lol!!!
Super Contributor

On 10/15/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Nope. When you cover things, you make them look bigger, not smaller. Gary was probably under what I think is the latest QVC Prime Directive: You must always, always, always make sure a woman's tush is covered - always. This made hips look wider and bottoms look bigger.

Actually, I would rather see a woman with her tush covered than see a woman whose hefty buns are stuffed into tight pants. Nothing makes your tush look bigger than dressing like that.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Nope. When you cover things, you make them look bigger, not smaller. Gary was probably under what I think is the latest QVC Prime Directive: You must always, always, always make sure a woman's tush is covered - always. This made hips look wider and bottoms look bigger.

I totally agree!. Never have a top that covers the butt! It makes it look bigger. Not a good look.

If one is going to be wearing leggings, they had better have a top that covers their butt.

If anyone thinks QVC is the only one selling tunic tops, tops longer in the back than front, uneven hems, sharkbite hems, etc., they don't get out much.

Super Contributor

honey i had a St Laurent in 1973 of this copie. I could never understand WWD in the 80's speaking of it's return, and here it is 30 years later. It was not a fav of mine . I began pulling out the Ungaro's ..no it is a hit and run

Honored Contributor

I thought it was going to be one those hi-lo tops where the tail hangs down to the knees, like A251582 which is butt ugly. But this tops is actually quite nice, it looked good on Caroline. Obviously it was designed for the woman who wants a fleece jacket but likes some backside coverage. It's BARELY hi-low. So, I'm missing the "hideous" part.

Super Contributor

Do I understand you correctly when you say: "When you cover things, you make them look bigger, not smaller"?

What you are saying is that if you want your hips and rear to look smaller, just don't cover them at all ... don't wear anything below the waist. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

Totally depends on the cut and style of the garment and how it fits your body. The "cover it up if it's too big" ploy can definitely backfire -- but some of the hi-lo jackets and cardis are very nice. I bought some cardis from Susan Graver recently that curve down a bit at the back hem, and I love them.