Honored Contributor

Re: Flashback to an Age of Innocence

I'd love, love to see the return of hats and gloves for special occasions.  

I don't know if I'm imagining this, but didn't we (or folks in our families) wear long, above the elbow gloves?

I loved / love that look:  Long, black gloves, black 'little black dress', maybe a very long strand of pearls, etc., etc.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY 

Yes, I did wear long gloves, but they were only worn for very formal occasions i.e. weddings or proms etc.

I have a collection of short gloves, some from the ones I wore and some I found in vintage stores.My friends gift me with them if they see some they think I would like. I have some for cold weather ( not for snow tho ) and some for Summer. They are in different colors. Love them all!

RE: hats, I look awful in them so no.

Valued Contributor

When I was in high school, I made in sewing class a light green eyelet dress that had small straps with a s/s bolero jacket.  It was so cool and comfortable for the summer.  

Respected Contributor

@Good4u   That dress and bolero, must have been adorable.

Valued Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@Good4u   That dress and bolero, must have been adorable.

Thank you.  And yes, it was and I loved it and wore it often.  I miss the skinny days of long ago...

Respected Contributor

I wore a dress like the white one with spaghetti straps to ny 7th grade graduation party. 

White eyelet is the quintessential southern summer fabric, with seersucker a close second. Too bad both are poorly immitated now. 

Honored Contributor

It will not be the same quality that your original one was.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

I was and still crazy about eyelet.  In the early 70s, when I was young, leggy and beautiful, I had a black eyelet mini dress similar to this.

Those days are long gone, but I might just have to have that black dress even though I have no place to wear it.  For that price, it's worth having it just in case!

Sadly, the pink one is sold out in all sizes.

Thanks for posting!