Trusted Contributor

Re: Flash back to the past...remember when Linda Dano would bring her dickies to Q?

I enjoyed Linda! Does the Q even have much in the way of home decor anymore? Other than bed stuff and shower curtains? I liked Linda's decor items. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Flash back to the past...remember when Linda Dano would bring her dickies to Q?

@CaChica wrote:

I never watched Linda Dano on the soaps but I remember she was on a Style show with a blonde lady co host (not QVC).  It was on regular tv or maybe early cable.  There was an older lady who was a stylist guest and she always talked about layering bracelets. She stored them in a large glass bowl like a fishbowl.  I always liked bangles so I guess that's why I remembered it.

@CaChica 

FUN!Smiley Happy!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaChica wrote:

I never watched Linda Dano on the soaps but I remember she was on a Style show with a blonde lady co host (not QVC).  It was on regular tv or maybe early cable.  There was an older lady who was a stylist guest and she always talked about layering bracelets. She stored them in a large glass bowl like a fishbowl.  I always liked bangles so I guess that's why I remembered it.

I attended a taping of one of those shows.  I was part of the audience.  The show was called "Attitudes".  I forget the name of the other blonde co/host, I also forget what year this was.  Quite a while ago.

A coworker of mine organized a bus trip ( for any interested employees) from our place of employment to NYC to see the show.  It was lots of fun.  As I recall we saw two tapings, and between the tapings the show provided us (the audience) with a really nice buffet.  Everyone there was extremely nice.

I went to several live tapings of the shows of that period.  Regis and Kathie Lee, Phil Donahue, and Sally Jessie Raphael were the other shows.  It was an enjoyable thing to do.

Valued Contributor

That sounds like fun!  I had a similar experience. I had a friend (another 'WestPac widow' at time) who worked for a travel agency.  I went with her group to LA to be an audience member for a Summer TV Variety Special.  Sid Caesar was in the show along with several other TV celebs.  He came up in the audience after his part and squeezed in next to me (bench style seating) for the rest of the show.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

That's right, it was the Attitudes show! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i never wore dickies, but i do remember linda dano selling them AND kathleen kirkwood also used to sell them on qvc.

by the way, it is nice to see you around @CaChica ! have not seen you here in quite a while. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I always enjoyed her shows !!!

Respected Contributor

She was awesome! 

Honored Contributor

Linda Dano had some Christmas items as well. I bought a wreath which was clear Christmas balls (ornaments) with tiny white lights within.  I still have it.  I think it was of better quality than the BL wreath I purchased.  The BL is sad.  I talked my daughter into buying a tree, quite expensive and her husband has never forgiven me.  The lights only worked a couple weeks and they were dim at best when they worked. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I worked at the Vegas airport in 2003. She came through my line one day. She looked at me, with the biggest smile, as if she knew me. I thought, who is this crazy lady? I then recognized her and said to her, " Well how the heck are you Linda, How's Frank?" We both laughed so hard. She was quite lovely! She really made my day! I never saw her again. I left the airport in 2004.