Respected Contributor

I bought 4 Lands End flannel shirts earlier this year on sale. They are more of a girly style and very pretty. Some pleating at the top, comes in at the waist and flairs out just a bit. I love that they carry talls because I have long arms. Lightweight fabric.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I have nothing against rayon actually quite to the contrary. I love the hand and have plenty of it in my wardrobe. I don't have trouble with it with the exception of that one piece that pulled apart at every crucial point like the cuffs and the button placket etc. I've also had Logo rayon/spam tanks get torn up in the washing machine.

My other rayon/span tanks have held up fine

Honored Contributor

@Whosits 

Duluth trading has the heavy flannel you're looking for. Try the heritage collection

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 

I have nothing against rayon actually quite to the contrary. I love the hand and have plenty of it in my wardrobe. I don't have trouble with it with the exception of that one piece that pulled apart at every crucial point like the cuffs and the button placket etc. I've also had Logo rayon/spam tanks get torn up in the washing machine.

@Andreatoo, I failed to mention just how soft Hunter's Rail line of flannel is. It has a very silky hand, not for those looking for a very heavy flannel, though.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 

@Andreatoo, I failed to mention just how soft Hunter's Rail line of flannel is. It has a very silky hand, not for those looking for a very heavy flannel, though.

I love plaid flannel shirts, but I live in a warm climate so the number of times a year I can wear them are limited.  So last year I got the bright idea that I needed some rayon plaid shirts because they wouldn't be so warm/heavy. I even picked up a coveted Rails Hunter shirt on sale. 

Guess what - I hate those rayon plaid shirts .  They feel nice, but they get terribly wrinkled in the wash, so need to be ironed.  And I especially hate the way the necklines & collars are so floppy.  It just wasn't for me.  I went back to my good ole cotton flannel Land's End and LL Bean shirts.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

Same ! ! ! ! !

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 

I love plaid flannel shirts, but I live in a warm climate so the number of times a year I can wear them are limited.  So last year I got the bright idea that I needed some rayon plaid shirts because they wouldn't be so warm/heavy. I even picked up a coveted Rails Hunter shirt on sale. 

Guess what - I hate those rayon plaid shirts .  They feel nice, but they get terribly wrinkled in the wash, so need to be ironed.  And I especially hate the way the necklines & collars are so floppy.  It just wasn't for me.  I went back to my good ole cotton flannel Land's End and LL Bean shirts.

@shoesnbags, that's a shame. As I posted, I wash them on gentle/cold and hang dry -- they are totally wrinkle-free.

But I somewhat agree about the collars and neckline, although it doesn't bother me in the least.

I'm glad you are happy with the ones that you've bought elsewhere. I took a quick look at both sites and liked LL Bean's better than Land's End -- just my opinion, for what it's worth. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flannel Shirts

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 

It's funny, because I love how they look on the models, floppy collar and all. It's part of the look. But I just didn't like it on me. Maybe it's because I have a long neck that I like the look of a collar that stands up more.  Who knows. 

ETA. I agree about the LLBean shirts - I have way more of them than Lands End flannels. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I noticed that D&C had new flannel shirts on today like the ones I bought at Lands End. I still paid a lot less on sale than the ones here.