Trusted Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Marceil wrote:

I read the Washington Post criticized Melania Trumps coat in the White House Christmas taping.  I looked at it and think it is beautiful.  Simple long cream coat.  We have  become a cruel society.

Please tell us why. I found her coat astounding as I think she is also. Would you by any chance be the reason were' cruel?

@HLP As you are well aware no fashion magazines will include her on their cover as they cannot separate the fashion business from politics, and newspapers like the Washington post say nasty things about her fashion choices.  No first lady has ever been treated so poorly and handled it so gracefully. I believe the Op’s post was quite clear to most people.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 Sadly I remember recent threads with awful nasty things said about Mrs. Obama and her daughters. Clothing and way beyond clothing.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

We have become a cruel society, well that's painfully obvious on a daily basis. Starts with role modeling.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Wow.  Having a different opinion is just that, a different opinion.  It is not dishonest.  

Esteemed Contributor

I find her to be very quiet  and not happy in her current life in the white house.  

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

The trouble with voicing an opinion on fashion is that it's like beauty--in the eye of the beholder.  It's all subjective.  What may be attractive to me, may not be attractive to you--and vice versa.  

Even the fashion editors' opinions are just the opinion of one person.  It's neither right nor wrong.  But we assign more weight to some people's opinions than others.

Respected Contributor

The majority of First Ladies during my lifetime have been highly criticized, Mrs. Trump is not the first, nor will she be the last.  I thought her outfit was very nice but what threw me was wearing a coat while she was indoors.  It was a very simple, lovely outfit and did not detract from the presentation of the Christmas decorations.

Honored Contributor

The First Lady is breathtaking inside and out.  I admire her choice in fashion and in her works as First Lady.  But I do admire the most how she rises above all the negative things said and done to her.  Smiling and going on with her life with such grace and class. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I have always admired strong women like her who do not come across as overly assertive and aggressive. She rises above the hate and criticism, not an easy thing to do. She is able to move on, unlike someone I can think of.