Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: First Closet Purge of 2016

I purged my husbands side of the closet.  He is not allowed to shop without me.  I was scared by some of the choices he made.  LOL

Deb

Honored Contributor

I have intentions over the winter of clearing out some purses and some jewelry. I have purses that are still in very good condition that either I just don't use them or they were trendy and aren't anymore so i don't use them and I have a lot of fashion jewelry that is also no longer strylish so I can clear some of it out and neaten up my jewelry boxes.I have all winter to get this done so I'm in no hurry.I'll donate to my church's thrift store.

Esteemed Contributor

Yay to all of you who did their first purge of 2016.  I just did a huge purge of skin care items (5 bags thrown out) but a clothing purge is needed.  Will start on that later this month.  What a good feeling to free up some space.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snoopp wrote:

Yay to all of you who did their first purge of 2016.  I just did a huge purge of skin care items (5 bags thrown out) but a clothing purge is needed.  Will start on that later this month.  What a good feeling to free up some space.

@Snoopp: Yes! I had every intention of cleaning out my old makeup storage case on my bathroom vanity. The only way l will do it is to get a new, smaller makeup caddy. But the one l want has been out of stock since before Christmas.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Frequent Contributor

Like most women, I have about 3 different sizes of clothes in my closet.  But I have consistently been this size now for 3 years.  So my resolution, is to try things on, a little at a time, and if they are too big, either donate or put them in storage (one of those airtight bags).  That will give me more closet space, because it is JAMMED tight.  I will keep the dress pants, because a basic womens dress pant, doesnt seem to go out of style as much as other clothing. 

Honored Contributor

I constantly purge.  I keep two bags in the closet, one for donation, the other for consignment.

Respected Contributor

I took a bag to the Goodwill drop-off yesterday. It's freeing! Especially since I bought/received some pretty things in December.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I constantly purge.  I keep two bags in the closet, one for donation, the other for consignment.

I keep 2 bags in my basement also. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I constantly purge also, not just my clothes. I keep a shopping bag open, in our office and when I find something to donate I put it in there. Once it's full, off to donation land it goes. And then I open another one. 

I took a run through my closet this afternoon. I'm happy with what's in there right now, but I did purge two pairs of socks from my sock drawer!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I constantly purge also, not just my clothes. I keep a shopping bag open, in our office and when I find something to donate I put it in there. Once it's full, off to donation land it goes. And then I open another one. 

I took a run through my closet this afternoon. I'm happy with what's in there right now, but I did purge two pairs of socks from my sock drawer!

Hey, socks count too. I go through my sock drawer a few times a year and throw out the ones that are getting worn.