Respected Contributor

Re: First Clooney Wedding Pictures

On 9/30/2014 beckyb1012 said:
On 9/30/2014 evergreen said:
On 9/30/2014 Jackielee said:

Such a beautiful dress on a beautiful woman marrying the most handsome man in the world. Loved her white pantsuit that she wore for the civil ceremony too. Loved all of the clothes that she wore over the weekend. Now, I hope that all young brides will take note of how George's bride did not feel the need to be some "Hot" fox baring everything up front. See how tasteful and lovely a bit of modesty can be, young ladies.

I agree with you. I like to watch Say Yes To The Dress and can't understand the women who say they want to look sexy. There's a time and place for that but in my opinion, it's not walking down the aisle.

Loved all she wore even the pants suit except the below could have stood a couple of inches more in my humble opinion. Do not wear on windy days.

456312112.jpg

I had thought this was the wedding dress. I love it. Not crazy for the de la Renta wedding dress at all. Too plain. I don't need bling, but I just thought it wasn't very special. I was really surprised also that the wedding dress wasn't a Valentino because it looks practically like Princess Madeleine of Sweden's dress which I was also underwhelmed by.

Take a look:

amal-wedding-dress1-

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Sue in Houston said:
On 9/30/2014 rudy said:

Love, love, LOVE her wedding gown; classic elegance in ivory tulle and chantilly lace. Hopefully Mr. de la Renta's off-the-shoulder design means the start of the post-strapless-bridal-gown era.

The Clooneys are Cary Grant and Jaqueline Bouvier all wrapped up in one beautiful modern package.

You hit the nail on the head.......EXACTLY!!! Cary Grant and Jackie Bouvier...yes, yes and yes!!!!!!

NO! They are certainly a striking looking couple, but please don't compare George to the great - and untouchable in the suave, debonair, and incredibly talented Cary Grant! I really don't think I would compare her to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis either! Wink

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 beach-mom said:
On 9/30/2014 Sue in Houston said:
On 9/30/2014 rudy said:

Love, love, LOVE her wedding gown; classic elegance in ivory tulle and chantilly lace. Hopefully Mr. de la Renta's off-the-shoulder design means the start of the post-strapless-bridal-gown era.

The Clooneys are Cary Grant and Jaqueline Bouvier all wrapped up in one beautiful modern package.

You hit the nail on the head.......EXACTLY!!! Cary Grant and Jackie Bouvier...yes, yes and yes!!!!!!

NO! They are certainly a striking looking couple, but please don't compare George to the great - and untouchable in the suave, debonair, and incredibly talented Cary Grant! I really don't think I would compare her to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis either! Wink

You OBVIOUSLY didn't read Dyan Cannon's autobiography ...... when they were married, Cary Grant used to put a lot of pressure on her to do LSD with him ...... he was quite a druggie for a while. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Mesmerize said:
On 9/30/2014 Sooner said:

There is something distasteful about one's wedding pictures being on magazine covers and the wedding party arriving in boats in front of crowds. I will say I enjoyed the Royal Wedding as a public event and a slice of history, but Hollyweird folk? Using your wedding for photo ops? Nah. Creepy.

Have you ever been to Venice, Italy? I have. It's the only way to get around there for the most part (other than mainly on foot, and that would be ONE looooong stretch too). They even explained why they had to travel on boats on one of the TV shows too.

LOL!! NO. I have not been to Italy. I don't care where you are, you can do things privately and tastefully, or make your life into a tacky photo op for self promotion and say to the world "LOOK AT ME AREN"T I FABULOUS?". It is a choice that says a lot about who you think you are.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/30/2014 NanaS said:

I hope that after all this time and after all the many women he has had relationships with that this is REALLY the one............but..............I have my doubts !! His track record speaks volumes !

Beautiful gown and veil !

All I can say is that she must be very, very special to do what no other woman in recent years (he was married before at 28 for 4 years) has been able to do...get him to the altar. He has been with countless beautiful women, but she has something extra, I guess. When it's right, it's right!

Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Sooner said:
On 9/30/2014 Mesmerize said:
On 9/30/2014 Sooner said:

There is something distasteful about one's wedding pictures being on magazine covers and the wedding party arriving in boats in front of crowds. I will say I enjoyed the Royal Wedding as a public event and a slice of history, but Hollyweird folk? Using your wedding for photo ops? Nah. Creepy.

Have you ever been to Venice, Italy? I have. It's the only way to get around there for the most part (other than mainly on foot, and that would be ONE looooong stretch too). They even explained why they had to travel on boats on one of the TV shows too.

LOL!! NO. I have not been to Italy. I don't care where you are, you can do things privately and tastefully, or make your life into a tacky photo op for self promotion and say to the world "LOOK AT ME AREN"T I FABULOUS?". It is a choice that says a lot about who you think you are.

Yes, in addition to being the only way to get from place to place in Venice via boats, it was planned so as to "control" the paparazzi so they would cooperate in lieu of having the wedding ruined by them.......gotta admit, it makes sense!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone know where the happy couple will reside?

Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 kate2357 said: I don't think it is the least bit tacky to manage the PR around your wedding or any other personal event. The people know that they will be dogged by papparazi and take a different path. These folks realize pictures will be taken...so why not control the pictures that are released, feed the monster...and score some cash for a charity? Seems smart to me.

ITA! Very smart indeed.

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 kate2357 said: I don't think it is the least bit tacky to manage the PR around your wedding or any other personal event. The people know that they will be dogged by papparazi and take a different path. These folks realize pictures will be taken...so why not control the pictures that are released, feed the monster...and score some cash for a charity? Seems smart to me.

This was a VERY well planned event .... private for the friends and family, but giving the press enough of what they want, and photos taken will provide some much needed money for charities.

I say ... well done !!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}