Esteemed Contributor

When I got married in 1983, I did not even have my ears pierced.  I still thought it was a fad at the time.  Silly me.  I have since had them pierced.  But I won't do anything else.  I have relatives who have multiple ear piercings and tatoos and frankly I think it is disgusting.  They can do what they like to their bodies, but I don't have to like it and try not to look at those body parts.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

I worked with a woman about 5 years ago who had her finger pierced.  She had tattoos and other piercings.  When she showed me her finger, all I could say was OMG!  She was in her 30s, married, and had kids.  

The tatts that I could see were fading. I didn't ask to see all of her piercing.  Some things are better unseen!

Respected Contributor

Ouch is right.  If rings get caught on something, there is a bit of give. If your finger stud gets caught on something, your skin would be torn.  

Honored Contributor

First time I've seen the look.  I kinda like it.  I don't think I'd do it because I would never lift a finger again.  I'd be worried my diamond would hit something.

Honored Contributor

Just when I start to wonder "WHAT's NEXT"?  Then I see it and I'm STILL shocked and surprised.  This is beyone gross.

Honored Contributor

I should have added wait until those fingers get old like mine and have arthritis in them and they're all bent and knotted up....they'll respect their fingers more and wish they'd never hurt them that way.  Just sayin'.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Finger Piercing

[ Edited ]

Not as bad or painful as women and men with pierced nipples.Man Surprised

What do you think?

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a proponent of body piercing and tattoos, but this finger piercing doesn't look as multilating as the fad of a few years ago where some were cutting out their earlobes with those big holes. Talk about body mutilation.  I think that fad is gone, but those with the multilated ear lobes are probbaly stuck with them unless they can afford the expensive cosmetic surgery to graft in new skin.  

Esteemed Contributor

I rather have the ring.... that looks very painful.Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I've always worn multiple rings...so if I had this done it would look like brass knuckles on me...LOL