Honored Contributor

Re: Finger Piercing

[ Edited ]

@OKPrincesswrote:

@Blk&GoldFanwrote:

@OKPrincess  Right there with you!!  Couldn't wait to get to college and have them done in the dorm....$5....a needle and a potato....3 roomies done at the same time!!  Funny memories....Now I have 2 piercings in each ear.  Took years before my Mom would buy me pierced earrings for birthdays.  One of the few times I disobeyed my mother and it didn't backfire in my face!!

I used self piercing kit. That’s why my earring holes aren’t straight. Since I was just shy of 19 and had recently moved out. The times have changed. 

@OKPrincess   A plastic surgeon pierced my ears when he was repairing a hand injury I had and mine are crooked and a few centimeters lower on one side than the other.  I think you may have done better than the man I paid who charged me A LOT.  I could never regret using him, however, because after all these years I cannot find the scar from the hand injury and I have worked on a computer for years with no painful nerve, muscle, bone or other.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametodaywrote:

@OKPrincesswrote:

@Blk&GoldFanwrote:

@OKPrincess  Right there with you!!  Couldn't wait to get to college and have them done in the dorm....$5....a needle and a potato....3 roomies done at the same time!!  Funny memories....Now I have 2 piercings in each ear.  Took years before my Mom would buy me pierced earrings for birthdays.  One of the few times I disobeyed my mother and it didn't backfire in my face!!

I used self piercing kit. That’s why my earring holes aren’t straight. Since I was just shy of 19 and had recently moved out. The times have changed. 

@OKPrincess   A plastic surgeon pierced my ears when he was repairing a hand injury I had and mine are crooked and a few centimeters lower on one side than the other.  I think you may have done better than the man I paid who charged me A LOT.  I could never regret using him, however, because after all these years I cannot find the scar from the hand injury and I have worked on a computer for years with no painful nerve, muscle, bone or other.  

@Nonametoday That’s awesome about your hand injury and no scar and he was able to pierce your ears too!! I hope you didn’t have to pay for crooked holes. lol My right ear lobe hole seems to angle down slightly. The smiley-face earring clutch that comes with the Honora 10cm earring does wonders for pointing my earrings in the right direction. (Can’t think of what it’s called). Needless so say after I pierced my ears 45 yrs ago myself I have one hole in each ear. No way would I attempt that today.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincesswrote:

@Nonametodaywrote:

@OKPrincesswrote:

@Blk&GoldFanwrote:

@Nonametoday That’s awesome about your hand injury and no scar and he was able to pierce your ears too!! I hope you didn’t have to pay for crooked holes. lol My right ear lobe hole seems to angle down slightly. The smiley-face earring clutch that comes with the Honora 10cm earring does wonders for pointing my earrings in the right direction. (Can’t think of what it’s called). Needless so say after I pierced my ears 45 yrs ago myself I have one hole in each ear. No way would I attempt that today.

@OKPrincess  I think he charged $25/ear.  That was okay.  I should have had them fixed.  It has been more than 30 years.  That is amazing about the earring clutch from Honora.  He did my surgery so that it just looked like an intentional life line and it is not scarred nor does it have a keloid.  Did an amazing job!!!  God is good.  Ears --- ok.