Honored Contributor

Why are we assuming she's a plus size?

With all the spandex added to pants and jeans these days (which can be a good thing) it means more closely fitted which she doesn't want.

I suggest going to a department store with more choices and look for woven fabrications without spandex. You may find a fit that you like @Winkk

Respected Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

It sounds like you are very similar in build as my daughter in law. I purchase Bob Mackie full leg petities pants for her every year and she lives in them. She can't stand anything that clings and prefers items to have a fuller cut. I would recommend Bob Mackie. 

Thanks @Fressa - I never tried his pants so maybe I'll do that.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Rafella Curvy is a nice slack.

It would be best if you would go to a department store that carries a lot of choices and just start trying on.

That's what you have to do for slacks or jeans, unfortunately.  When you get your style, keep the hang tags and buy multiples.

That's what I was thinking too @ECBG - I would like to go to a department store with knowledgeable sales people who can suggest designers who cut their slacks fuller.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Why are we assuming she's a plus size?

With all the spandex added to pants and jeans these days (which can be a good thing) it means more closely fitted which she doesn't want.

I suggest going to a department store with more choices and look for woven fabrications without spandex. You may find a fit that you like @Winkk

You're absolutely right @Andreatoo - I know I don't need a woman's size but like you said because of all the spandex in clothes it makes them to tight on me.     

Honored Contributor

When I am in need of a specific thing, like new jeans or black dress pants, I will put on a comfy outfit, easy on/easy off and make a day of it at a big mall and just try on everything in every store until I find a good one.

I have been known to buy a few "good enough" and then take them back before I leave when I find something better ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I need new slacks and I hate shopping for them.  I am short and heavy with a lot of my weight in legs.  I cannot where anything slim cut or clingy.  I also have a short rise which is somewhat of a problem.  I try slacks on and nothing fits.

Does anyone know if any of the department stores help you with sizing?  I didn't know if they did that anymore. 

@Winkk  Good morning. If you have a short rise, I’d try petites, which means short rise and shorter in length, but do come in larger sizes. I’d check the larger dept. stores like Macy’s, Penney’s, etc. You may spend a little more for the convenience of sales help.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

It would be best if you would go to a department store that carries a lot of choices and just start trying on.

That's what you have to do for slacks or jeans, unfortunately.  When you get your style, keep the hang tags and buy multiples.

@ECBG  As usual, good advice. A good fit in slacks is difficult to find. I usually purchase more than one pr. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG  As usual, good advice. A good fit in slacks is difficult to find. I usually purchase more than one pr. 

@ShanusIn basic items in our wardrobe, I don't care to reinvent the wheel.  Give me a dozen!  Done!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Winkk

Check out Topshop. It's a UK brand that only Nordstrom carries (unless you have a Topshop in your area) and none of the pants or jeans I own from that line have a lick of spandex!

They have a lot of high waisted styles