Esteemed Contributor

Finally some Prive Revaux to love...

I have been watching this line, wondering why they don't offer progressive lenses, since the glasses are large.

I see they are finally offering some progressives, but so much more than the price of very good progressives on Amazon that I haven't been tempted.

But today...progressive sunglasses!  And they are gorgeous!  They have a buy more and save offer, but haven't persuaded myself to buy 2.  So just the gold please...

A398875

or maybe also the black/silver...

Respected Contributor

Re: Finally some Prive Revaux to love...

Agree~Nice looking in both colors. I'm favoring the golden right now..but the gray/silver a whole other purpose...need 'em both. Summer golds or cool neutrals. Cool aviators. 😎

...just finished reading your post...if only one, yes, I'd get the gold too! Progressives...even better!

Regular Contributor

Thanks...omg I just came across these and ordered 2.0 in black/silver, staying with classic black.. Tempted to get another since there are beautiful colors. I have a reader and has been reliable and good quality. I’v been waiting for something like these sun readers, yeah so excited.
Regular Contributor

@NYCLatinalaw—did you get yours yet? I received today. Two with 0 for my daughters and mine 2.0. I guess I thought I understood what progressive glasses are but I tried driving with them and don’t like them. The top portion is blurry, I don’t need distance Rx glasses just for reading, bottom part, but I find them blurry making me dizzy, lol how are yours? Anyone? They are very nice glasses but not for me boohooing!….
Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of Prive Revaux a while back but returned them for a refund. They were the fit overs and when I put them on and went and looked in the mirror I could see my glasses underneath them clearly! I was also disappointed that I didn't get the nice case they always show

Prior to that I had purchased a duo of Foster grants but they didn't actually block the sun! I have since given up on sunglasses from QVC

Honored Contributor

I tried progressive lenses years ago and had to give them up.  I felt like I was in a carnival fun house.  So when I saw these, I thought here's my chance to try them again without spending an arm and a leg.  The directions say they might take a couple weeks.  I had surgery 4 times when I was a kid for muscle imbalance, called strabizmus.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Faceplacegirl Yes I got mine.  😎😎😎  ❤️❤️❤️  The gold are as beautiful as expected and the silver are just silver.  Silver is not my color, but I thought I wouldn't want to wear the gold glasses if I was wearing silver jewelry so I might as well get the silver.

I expected these progressive glasses to have a reading corrrection in the bottom part, and no correction on the top part, and that is the way they appear to be.  I bought them so I could read outside while protecting my eyes.  That way I can also see what is in front of me when I read (usually other people, animals, a park) without moving the glasses like Shawn does, or taking the glassses off.  My eyes remain protected.  

I don't drive at all.  I mostly walk, or ride as a passsenger, cars, subways, trains.  I can't walk with progressive lenses, and didn't intend to use these glasses for walking, just for reading.  I only walked once with my prescription progressive glasses, and when I looked down as I walked, everything was a blur, because there is a reading prescription in the bottom of the lens, so I took the glasses off and didn't do that again.  Progressive lenses do take time getting used to them.  I find the ones bought without prescription to work better for me.  I use a different pair of sunglasses (with no correction or with distance correction), or no sunglasses at all, for walking around, taking the subway.  I only require minimal correction.

I am not surprised to read progressive glasses are not good for driving, but I have no experience with that.  So we just had different expectations, I guess.  I'll be keeping mine!  

I did get the case!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

B129C265-7844-497E-B282-DDBC5DD22C13.jpegHi NYCLatinalaw and all. I went down a rabbit hole in the whole progressive vs bifocal theme. LOL. Bottom line is I don’t need the intermediate level on glasses, it does take a while to adjust but I’m going to return them. My distance vision is fine I want to be able to see far and just look down to read. . Was looking for glam but I’ll stick to my bifocal Kirkland aviator sunglasses. I’m glad you’re enjoying yours, my girls also like them good purchase!!! Oh yeah they didn't post my review !!! All other reviews fro RMS and LG foundation were posted right away not this one.....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Faceplacegirl your glasses look good!  I like that they are curved.  I honestly don't even notice an intermediate level, but I only have 1.5 magnification for reading.  Maybe your number is higher and that makes a difference?  Please let me know if you can.  Thanks!

Regular Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe Yes those pictured are my Costco brand actually the men style I took from my husband from a few years back, can’t find anymore maybe they’ll make a comeback. Yes my reading magnification is 2.0 across the board. The reader mag…is placed low enough w/o distorting the distance in my Costco reader….anyway have a great week…I’m on the west coast so it’s still early for me….