Honored Contributor

Finally solved the mystery of "in process" for over 20 odd days

[ Edited ]

I ordered a top way back on June 2, 2022.  From then on it's status was In Process.  Nobody could help me find out what was going on. I called Customer Service, I posted a request to Customer Care, etc.  Finally today, I saw the status...."back order"  I can only guess that they ran out of tops and never got to to me.  Candice Burie is so popular.  I happily cancelled it. I looked at it so many times....never again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Finally solved the mystery of "in process" for over 20 odd days

[ Edited ]

Was this a new item?

It may have been on backorder when you ordered it.  QVC has been known quite frequently to sell orders not in stock, but show "in stock."

Did Customer Care change it to backorder or have someone else do it when they found out what was going on? 

If an item QVC had been in stock before, they should know how many left in inventory.  That way they won't oversell, but overselling might be planned because they know another order is coming in.  Of course they don't tell customers that.  

Still in process that long could have been a computer glitch.  I just had one 3 weeks ago when it was "in stock," was even printed in bold letters on the website.  The next day it went into advance order with no EDD.

I began to get suspicious after about a week. Checked the website finding it was still showing as in stock but on sale now.  I cancelled the first order.  Reordered it.  Received in about a week.  It was in stock.  Their computer system should not have switched it to advanced order.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird  If you contact the mods (social team) by email including your order #, they will check the status of your order.  They don't always pick up on comments posted under "Customer Care".

Qvcsocialteam@qvc.com

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's the ever so popular "supply chain" issue.  They are over selling some items because they expect more are coming shortly but sometimes that doesn't happen so "in process" becomes "back order".    

Contributor

Mine went from In Process to Preparing Your Order to Back Order. 

smh

Super Contributor

There is a supply chain issue, it's so not popular. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee  It was a brand new item.  It was during a visit from Candace.  I ordered several  things.  I got them all except for that top.  The status remained In process.  Never changed.