Trusted Contributor

Ok, Wilma.  I am back with a nice summer outfit.  In the summertime, I wear maxi dresses a lot.  They are easy, cool, and comfortable, but I don't think of them as outfits because I don't put any thought into wearing them.  One of my favorite outfits that I put together is a pair of slim, lightweight, black, ankle pants and a sleeveless, baby blue, denim shirt.  The shirt is loose but not tunic loose.  The hemline is even, but the back is 2-3 inches longer than the front, and the hem has rounded edges at the side seams.  I wear it with black sandals, silver dangle earrings, and a large silvertone watch.  I finish accessorizing the outfit with things from Brighton - a black nylon bag, black Meridian bracelet, and Heritage heart bracelet or Grand Prix bracelet.

Paws and enjoy life.
Respected Contributor

My summer default is white capris or ankle pants with a solid color or print top.

I've been trying to add a few sundresses into the mix. It's hard to find dresses that meet my preferences - and are affordable.

Honored Contributor

I am loving the hi lo hem dresses, I still enjoy my maxis but I definitely prefer the hi lo.  I also have a pair of Jennifer Lopez Capris that are very comfortable.  I have discovered Tony Little Cheeks sandals.

Contributor

you will look fabulaus if you own great shape not matter what you wear...

Esteemed Contributor

As much as I love a flowy summer dress, my favorite summer outfit is the simple white pants/or jeans with a white tank or print sleeveless top-- and with this outfit there's always a summer blazer,  whether I'm wearing it, or it's folded over my handbag.  

Honored Contributor

@just4me wrote:

I love those jackets pictured!

I love leggings and tunics... if it's not too warm... or ankle pants with sandals.Woman Wink

I think ankle pants are so cute on others.  Every time I try a pair on I just don't like the way they look on me. 

Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

Ok, Wilma.  I am back with a nice summer outfit.  In the summertime, I wear maxi dresses a lot.  They are easy, cool, and comfortable, but I don't think of them as outfits because I don't put any thought into wearing them.  One of my favorite outfits that I put together is a pair of slim, lightweight, black, ankle pants and a sleeveless, baby blue, denim shirt.  The shirt is loose but not tunic loose.  The hemline is even, but the back is 2-3 inches longer than the front, and the hem has rounded edges at the side seams.  I wear it with black sandals, silver dangle earrings, and a large silvertone watch.  I finish accessorizing the outfit with things from Brighton - a black nylon bag, black Meridian bracelet, and Heritage heart bracelet or Grand Prix bracelet.

You're right.  Dresses are so easy - no worrying about what goes with what.  Just slip on and go.  I notice you have a lot of Brighton items.  I have a Brighton bag but none of their jewelry pieces.

Honored Contributor

@peachesncream wrote:

My summer default is white capris or ankle pants with a solid color or print top.

I've been trying to add a few sundresses into the mix. It's hard to find dresses that meet my preferences - and are affordable.

I know what you mean about finding dresses.  I love them in the summer time, but to find one that is just right can be difficult.  I like an a-line knee length dress with a cap or short sleeve this time of year - not the easiest thing to find.  If I do find something like that I usually don't like the color or print on it. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I am loving the hi lo hem dresses, I still enjoy my maxis but I definitely prefer the hi lo.  I also have a pair of Jennifer Lopez Capris that are very comfortable.  I have discovered Tony Little Cheeks sandals.

I have never tried a hi-low dress.  I have seen a few online recently that were cute. 

Valued Contributor

My favorite this summer is a surprise, I was home sick the day that Lisa Rhinna had the TSV and she was wearing the pink top with white pants and in an inpulsive, weak moment I orderd the pink, and I have worn it with slim fit white ankle pants and gold blingy sandals.  I went to dinner with friends and wore this we ate outside and it was perfect. 

I never thought I would like it as much as I do.  I am a size medium but ordered and xsmall, it does run huge, even sizing down it was still very flowy.