Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite brand of jeans, why and what shape are you?

Blue Jeans are an absolute weakness of mine. I love them! I've said for years that my favorite outfit is a good pair of jeans and a white tee. 
I own a lot of jeans. I keep them forever as I don't wash them much and never dry them! I own alot of American Eagle, Harley Davidson, Buckle, Levi's, Seven, and there are more. 
I know I'm in the minority when I say this but I like my jeans to be an actual Jean. I don't want them to be stretchy. 

Honored Contributor

I have a long torso and narrow body, short rise.  

From QVC - so far - LOGO low rise gives me the best fit.  Women With Control are also a good fit.  

From LandsEnd - I buy men's sizes.  I order by waist measurement - they hem to custom inseam.  I used to buy men's jeans at Old Navy and The Gap.

Not just at QVC ... but most women's pants have built-in "saddle bags" .... too much fabric through the hips and rear.  

On QVC - when the pants are on the hanger - you can see the (  ) shape. 

Respected Contributor

Nothing can replace my old Levi's. They're well broken in, just like I like them. They last so long they have a history of their own.  

Respected Contributor

My favorite jeans are Laurie Felt boyfriend jeans.
Honored Contributor

I'm straight up and down with a long torso and 30" inseam and my favorites are the Joe's Jeans Provacateur style jeans. They're very comfortable because the put a little rayon in them. 
I found some on Thredup for a good price since new ther are expensive. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like NYDJ.  The best cuts on me are Ami, Alina, and Sherri.  All of those cuts are slimmer than the Marilyn that QVC usually sells. I buy the 00 in NYDJ. 

I blundered upon nice fitting jeans at Ann Taylor Loft.  I only have one pair and it was the eyelet bottom that appealed to me.  The sizing seems to be accurate to one's regular size.  I'm a numeric 0 or 2, and the jeans fit perfectly in a 0.

One I've recently discovered is Jen7. These slide on me like I am the fit model and for that reason, they have to be my new favorite jeans. I happened to come across a white pair deeply discounted because it's December. They fit so well that although I could never duplicate the low price, I had to find another pair or two of Jen7s.  QVC had a pair on sale in a favorite color of mine, so I ordered them.  When I tried the jeans on they glided on effortlessly and fit perfectly the same as the white jeans.  0 is my size in this brand. 

Super Contributor

I guess my shape is big! I am 5'8" and 200 lbs. I have been buying the Quacker Factory jeans for several years and really like them. I wear the 1X tall.

Regular Contributor

I have had good luck with Wit and Wisdom from Nordstrom.

Respected Contributor

@chiclet  My waist is about 10" smaller than my lower hips, and I guess that could put me in the "pear" shape category. Macy's has Style & Co. "Curvy" sized jeans that correspond to those of us who are not "Apple" shaped and who have their curvy corresponding measurements. (I don't think they chose the right label for the shape though.) I've bought a couple of their curvy styles that also have the same styles without the "curvy" label, and they fit fine; there's no bagging out of the button at the waist.

LOGO and Lauren Ralph Lauren jeans have also worked out for me.

The best fitting rises on my shape are mid and high rise. I don't like a rise that lands on my abdomen. And I don't like any tummy control.

With the use of all the stretch and softer fabrics, I've found that it's easier to get a good fit in jeans than it was a few years ago.

Good luck with your jeans quest.

Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Nothing can replace my old Levi's. They're well broken in, just like I like them. They last so long they have a history of their own.  

Completely agree.  I love my Levi's, especially the old ones that don't have any stretch in them.  I hate stretchy jeans.