New Contributor

Fav designer for pants on qvc?

So I have tried many different brand pants that qvc offers. Some ok and some not. But what they all have in common is that they come up way past my belly button and then some are still to long in length. I'm 5'5 I've never fit in department store petite size they are always to short. Am I the only one with this problem? Issac, Susan, and wwc WHY are the waists so high? Has anyone found the perfect fitting pant on qvc?

Super Contributor

Re: Fav designer for pants on qvc?

I am shorter than you 5'2" , but legs are 30 in. inseam.  I like Linea. I size down with the waist is elastic.  I also like Christopher and Banks modern cut.  Both work well for me.  I have slim hips and legs, but apple waist.  I hope this helps you.

Respected Contributor

From QVC I like George Simomton's petite and QF petite Dream Jeannes.  I am 5'4" and their petites work well and I size down.  Most pants I own come from Talbots - more expensive, but have a beautiful fit. There I get my usual size in a petite.  

Trusted Contributor

You have to find a rise that fits you, and generally stick to those measurements, front & back.  The inseam may be called "petite" or "average", but unless the rise has been graded, it will be the same in the different lengths.  I am slightly high-waisted, only 5'3", but cannot wear a petite pant, so I take a regular size 10, or medium , and shorten if I have to.  I wear a lot of Linea, but also like Women with Control, as they are stretchy & forgiving.  HTH!

Esteemed Contributor

The best fit ever Isaac's 24/7 petite.  I have the same issues with other pants

Honored Contributor

@Shay711

My favorites you would not like...the only ones that fit me are the Dream Jeannes boot cut/leggings.  The QC has been fantastic for me... these always fit.

They are not petite, because the rise has not been adjusted (which I like them to come up high)

The length for me is perfect and I'm 5'

HTH somebody

WWC... too short in the rise, but probably a good fit for most... 

D&Co... I don't wear the elastic waist any more, but these came up high and length was good

CWC/JJill/ the "at the waist" isn't right for me

D&Co "How Smooth"  How comfy ... these are not a comfortable fit for me

NYDJ... too fitted

I used to do well with "paperbag waist" which I hope comes back in style

The last time I was in a B&M store to try on jeans... no luck after IDK... 40 pairs.

HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
New Contributor

How tall are you?  I love Isaac's 24/7 Capri pants. But his ankle pants that I have in regular length are just a tad to long and very high waisted. 

New Contributor

I tried dream jeans capris and they were an ok fit but more of a casual relaxed fit on me. Very comfortable. I'm after a great pair of straight leg pants not to tight but more fitted to wear with tunics. I just received wwc contour waist straight leg pants and the fit is what I want but the length is about 2 inches long on me and it seems like I have to have them pulled way to far up for them not to sag on the butt. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shay711 hi Shay I am 5' the DJ LEGGINGS (flat against the front) are a bit shorter ( in the "short") than the boot cut in short.  When I wore the boot cut every single day when I taught until last December, I wore an athletic shoe with a 1 1/4" heel.  

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

To be honest, QVC is not my go-to place for pants.  I can't get a good fit.  I can't wear an elastic waist paint, I wouldn't even if I could.  I have size 18 hips and a size 14 waist and flat stomach; so elastic waist pants never work for me.  I also have "full" thighs and that presents another problem with QVC's woven pants.  So, I buy my pants elsewhere.  The only exception to this is Dreamjeannes.  I love them!  I love the fit and price and I own many pairs.  I go down a size to a 16 and I get a great fit.