Honored Contributor

I absolutely cannot wear faux ( fake) leather.

I sweat to death in that stuff.  I have so many real leather jackets it’s crazy, kinda like the Birkenstock’s.

I’m trying like crazy to loose the fat belly I acquired in recent months because I know those jackets aren’t going to fit.

I think people started selling faux ( I hate that word), it’s so they can sell things cheaper.

It does look like leather and if people can wear it, good, but I’ve tried over and over and it’s way too hot.

Are there any other’s here that are the same way?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I sweat to death in that stuff.  I have so many real leather jackets it’s crazy, kinda like the Birkenstock’s.

I’m trying like crazy to loose the fat belly I acquired in recent months because I know those jackets aren’t going to fit.

I think people started selling faux ( I hate that word), it’s so they can sell things cheaper.

It does look like leather and if people can wear it, good, but I’ve tried over and over and it’s way too hot.

@Annabellethecat66   They started selling it because environmentalists want to do away with cattle (which is where most leather comes from) because of the flatulence and the damage the flatulence causes to the environment while PETA does not want cows used for handbags, gloves, milk, butter, shoes and other food products like steak and hamburger.

Honored Contributor

They've started selling so much faux because much of the real thing is from China,  the price, due to tariffs and other factors, has gone sky-high so the price of goods made from leather is beyond the price point at which many retailers can sell.  I haven't seen a single leather jacket on QVC for fall.  I'm glad I bought three about a year ago during clearance sales.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Last year I donated al my real and faux leather. No longer interested in wearing it. Still have all my faux fur.
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I think they call it vegan now lol.  I do not have any vegan leather (can they still call it Vegan leather if its not leather?)  Anyway I have a leather jacket I purchased years.  Never wear it though.  I like light weight jackets.

Esteemed Contributor

I hate the faux stuff! I've never seen one that I thought was acceptable. 

Honored Contributor

I won't wear faux either, although, my fav handbag (THE perfect size, weight, and everything happens to be faux!)

Respected Contributor

Love leather, won’t ever do faux. Just not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Won't wear faux leather or plastic clothing! It's too harmful to our landfills and environment. Give me leather and/or anyday. Both are durable, warm, and let my body breathe! I'll gladly pay for the real deal.

BTW: I can tell the difference in a faux leather anytime. Just like a CZ or Diamonique. They are cheap in appearance IMO. 

ETA: Flatulance is natural gases and will eventually evaporate. The plastic in the faux leather won't disintegrate ever! What are those "environmentalists" and PETA supporters thinking? It makes no sense. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday  I understand how and why (and everything else) why they started selling fake leather.

Actually, during the 60's I had an entire black leather couch made out of the exact same thing.  It was amazing.  It looked exactly like the real leather couches I'm sitting in right now.  

We painted the room Chinese red (isn't it crazy the things we remember).  The furniture was all black.  Back then it was called 'naugahyde".

I'm all about choice.  I don't care the reasons why people choose one thing over another.  I'm happy there are lots of choices for everything.

My problem is (and always will be) when the choices are removed because those who want a particular choice to disappear are louder (get it....louder, not by majority) than those who wish to keep said choices.

But not to worry, so far.  We still have choices on most things....for now.

Just a short time ago today I bought a Louis Del'Olio jacket that was part leather...so I'm happy...We're all happy.