Trusted Contributor

A399800, a faux suede jacket from Laurie Felt, is described as a knit fabric.  Is faux 

suede ever knitted?  Calling CS probably won't give me different info.

TIA,

Super Contributor

I agree. That does sound strange.

Honored Contributor

@Magny wrote:

A399800, a faux suede jacket from Laurie Felt, is described as a knit fabric.  Is faux 

TIA,

definitely not knitted

has been my experience that sometimes people don't know the difference :-(

Honored Contributor

There are different kinds of fabric used to make faux suede. Some are made with a knitted base with a napped surface made to look like suede. Other kinds are woven with a sueded-nap.

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Magny wrote:

TIA,

Thanks for opinions.  It looks pretty, so I’m trying it.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There are different kinds of fabric used to make faux suede. Some are made with a knitted base with a napped surface made to look like suede. Other kinds are woven with a sueded-nap.

@SilleeMee 

Thank you for that.  Now that there are so many different kids of "pseudofabrics" in the marketplace, it is definitely difficult to know what is which and which is what.  I am somewhat surprised at your response but never found you to be wrong.  I trust your knowledge of that.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Thank you for that.  Now that there are so many different kids of "pseudofabrics" in the marketplace, it is definitely difficult to know what is which and which is what.  I am somewhat surprised at your response but never found you to be wrong.  I trust your knowledge of that.

@Nonametoday 

Why are you surprised at my response? I'm not bragging but I know a lot about fabrics and textiles. I was a professional seamstress for a number of years in a previous life. Textiles have always been interesting to me. Learned a lot from my mother who was a professional  'Master Weaver'. She taught me a lot about the different kinds of fabrics and how they are woven or knitted.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

@Nonametoday 

Why are you surprised at my response? I'm not bragging but I know a lot about fabrics and textiles. I was a professional seamstress for a number of years in a previous life. Textiles have always been interesting to me. Learned a lot from my mother who was a professional  'Master Weaver'. She taught me a lot about the different kinds of fabrics and how they are woven or knitted.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee 

I think you misread what I said.  I said "thank you," and told you I did not know but trusted your knowledge.  How is that saying I'm surprised?  Now you have shocked me as you seem angry that someone would commend your knowledge from your time as a seamstress.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@SilleeMee 

@Nonametoday 

No, I am not mad. But you said you were surprised so I was just asking why.

Thank you for saying so.Woman Happy