Trusted Contributor

I own a Vince Camuto faux leather A line skirt that I bought in Nordies.  It's soft and comfy.  I don't get that plasticy feeling when I wear it. Seems to be pretty good quality.  Of course you can tell it's faux,but I wouldn't want real leather.  Just a personal preference. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know how people can say they can't tell the difference between real and faux leather. Faux is fabric and real is skins, big difference in look, feel and breath ability. I too prefer the practical side of faux, but don't like the look and feel of it.I guess if you never experienced real leather it would be easier to get on board with faux, but I would rather wear cloth if I couldnt get leather.

Honored Contributor

Love real good grade and higher leather.  Some of the jackets you see in good department strores are amazingly beautiful.  With grades of leather, you get what you pay for.  Any Italian will tell you that. Sometimes I do buy faux, but most of the times they are cheap looking.  Incidently, faux leather is often made from the bark of a tree!  So you are not saving trees in the process.

Trusted Contributor

@baker wrote:

I don't know how people can say they can't tell the difference between real and faux leather. Faux is fabric and real is skins, big difference in look, feel and breath ability. I too prefer the practical side of faux, but don't like the look and feel of it.I guess if you never experienced real leather it would be easier to get on board with faux, but I would rather wear cloth if I couldnt get leather.

I don't either. Faux leather is OBVIOUSLY nothing like real leather. It may look similar, but it doesn't FEEL anything like REAL leather.