Respected Contributor

Have to admit that I am a leather lover!

However, I bought a great faux jacket that I simply love from, of all things, the Kris Jenner line on QVC! It was on clearance so I got it, a very trendy look that would not be cost effective in leather for me, but all my friends think it's the real deal! Just got home  the Tig Large Pockets Crossbody bag in the Fatigue color and love it as well (part leather/part man-made material), I have a range of bags from super cheap to ultra expensive and I love them all.

Faux leather has a place these days. But I still have major investment leather coats, jackets, vest and always will!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Faux leathers are so much better than they used to be. I prefer faux as it is cruelty free. It is also so much easier to care for and maintain without worry or expense. I own 3 real leathers from the past, but I haven't bought any real leather in quite a while. 

Honored Contributor

Plastic isn't good for your feet no matter what it is called.  I always go for leather which us better in every sence of the word.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Faux leather

[ Edited ]

I don't mind faux leather if it's a good quality. I purchased this Glil faux moto skirt in grey and black.  They are sharp, sexy looking on and feel like buttah 😆.  Great reviews too.

image.jpg

Respected Contributor

Real leather is my favorite. I did buy a pair of "pseudo-leather" culottes from Charlotte Russe at only $12 that are quite nice and have worn them once. Not enough to sway me for more. My most recent purchase is a pair of real leather ones I found on E-Bay. I'll probably give the faux ones away. 

Trusted Contributor

IMO, faux leather looks cheap and looks like what it is - FAKE.

Honored Contributor

After ruining some expensive leather shoes in the winter from the salt just eating away at the leather, I actually have bought a few pair of faux leather shooties and knee high boots.  The shooties I wore all last winter and they still look brand new.  The knee high boots are new this year.

I don't have any problem with my feet sweating in these but I have had that happen in the past with both faux leather and real leather. 

Honored Contributor

I think there is room in my wardrobe for both real & faux. I don't have any faux leather right now but you never know when that might change. I have seen nice faux & really bad faux.. And lots in between.

Honored Contributor

I like jackets and footwear better in real leather. But if an item, such as a top, is mixed-media, faux leather is the only way to go. Otherwise it wouldn't be washable.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

Yesterday I pulled out of my closet a Bronze Marc Bower (?) Faux leather blazer; wore it to work. Went to hang it up only to realize the back of the jacket along the shoulders and the collar was literally pealing away. Be careful how you store your faux leathers. It was in my closet with my other leathers and I believe the zipper from another jacket rubbed against the back of the jacket as I would search, remove and add jackets. I had to trash the jacket.