Regular Contributor

I bought an Isaac M. faux red leather jacket this spring and hung it in closet next to a black faux leather.  Looked at it yesterday and it had black streaks on it- not dark but noticeable.  I've tried several things, alcohol, glycerin, magic eraser and no change.  Anyone have ideas?  I'm in Tx where it's really dry so it's not a moisture problem.  Maybe heat?  The jacket label says it can be washed but I don't think that would help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Faux leather jacket stain

It sounds as though there may have been a dye transfer, in which case you're probably out of luck.  We're the two jackets pressed closely together? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It sounds as though there may have been a dye transfer, in which case you're probably out of luck.  We're the two jackets pressed closely together? 

Yes they were.  Never thought that would happen.

Honored Contributor

@2penny   I wouldn't have expected it to happen either but I've heard people complain that dye from handbags rubs off on clothing.  I doubt anything would remove it.  It's a shame. 

You might contact the mods at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com and see if there might be any recourse.  Look up your order numbers and include them. 

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624  Thanks, I will contact them, you never know.  The black jacket was a Gili so they are both from QVC.

Honored Contributor

@2penny   Please let us know how it goes. 

Honored Contributor

@2penny 

From Amazon

Leather Master Soft Cleaner, 33.8 Oz/Liter

I haven't used it, but I have the same situation with a white and black jacket.

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624  They are letting me return it as defective.  I am very happy about that!  I never would have thought I could do it so a big thank you to you!!!

Honored Contributor

Great!  All's well that ends well.