Honored Contributor

Some people get the idea that Fast Fashion & Zara are bad quality.  They're not.  They are just like other places.  Some good, some bad.  If you want clothes that are cheap in price, you shop at Zara. So many women here are complaining about the cost of clothes.  

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Nothingis designed but copied from what is trending. 

This dress $70.00

Leatherette pans  $50.00

Shirt  $40.00

Belted Coat $89.00

SOFT TOUCH BELTED COAT

Belted sequence dress  $89.00

coats

BELTED COAT WITH HIGH COLLAR

That's why most of their coats are beautiful. They copy the best. 

I've never bought from them, so I can't say anything about their quality. The prices of their coats seem to be what you'd pay for good (normally average priced - $300-600) coats on steep sale at the end of the season. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Fast fashion giant Zara

[ Edited ]

@ILTH   Their coats are exceptional!  That's what I buy from them.

If you go to wikipedia and google fast fashion they will show a list as long as my arm of stores are are "fast fashion"  Some of the store names will surprise you.

Esteemed Contributor

My oldest granddaughter has a model’s figure...long and lean. I introduced her to Zara’s years ago. She continues to buy her clothes from them. She’s quite chic and stylish, unlike her grandmother.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@ILTH   Their coats are exceptional!  That's what I buy from them.

If you go to wikipedia and google fast fashion they will show a list as long as my arm of stores are are "fast fashion"  Some of the store names will surprise you.

I doubt it. Even labels aren't what/who they used to be. 

Honored Contributor

I find this retailer fascinating.  I was amazed at the high quality of the classic style blazers and jackets I purchased...at a price other retailers would charge two, three times that.  Sizing is consistent, too.  

Then, I saw their clothing is not made in China...instead Zara has its own manufacturing facilities where the majority is made...in their back yard, Spain & Portugal.  Both countries have excellent reputations for making clothing and shoes. They also make clothing in Turkey and Morocco. 

Cutting out the middleman saves money and they have control over quality.  

They also use a lot of natural fabrics and natural/synthetic combinations.  Warning...most is not wash and wear.  

As with any retailer, I don't like everything, but very surprised at how many classic styles they carry.  They may copy the best designs, but other retailers with their own brands do too.  

Frequent Contributor

the models all look real depressed but the fashion beats anything on the Q!   LOL!  We have a Zara at our neighborhood shopping center.  It’s ok. 

Honored Contributor

Queen Letizia wears Zara, it's good enough for her. I've never purchased from them but I've seen many things I liked.

"You call him Mr. Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

"As a result you will see the poorest people on earth in popular tee shirts, jeans, etc."

I found this last sentence in the opening post to be somewhat odd.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I find this retailer fascinating.  I was amazed at the high quality of the classic style blazers and jackets I purchased...at a price other retailers would charge two, three times that.  Sizing is consistent, too.  

Then, I saw their clothing is not made in China...instead Zara has its own manufacturing facilities where the majority is made...in their back yard, Spain & Portugal.  Both countries have excellent reputations for making clothing and shoes. They also make clothing in Turkey and Morocco. 

Cutting out the middleman saves money and they have control over quality.  

They also use a lot of natural fabrics and natural/synthetic combinations.  Warning...most is not wash and wear.  

As with any retailer, I don't like everything, but very surprised at how many classic styles they carry.  They may copy the best designs, but other retailers with their own brands do too.  

Me too @Foxxee - Heart  Zara Heart have shopped there for several years. Great price points, wearable contemporary designs and I haven't had any issues related to sizing or quality.  They provide good details and photos. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri