Honored Contributor

Re: Fashions which Jessica Simpson has been shown wearing lately

@Hoovermom wrote:
If it ain't broke! Jessica stepped out in two different busty ensembles on Wednesday

If it ain't broke! Jessica stepped out in two different busty ensembles on Wednesday

@Hoovermom

Oh, my.... these are not much better.  Yikes!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Imo, she needs a stylist or fire the one she has.

Even a mirror would be a good start

@JobGirl

Yeah, for sure.  But then if everyone around you is telling you -- you look awesome, terrific, etc., then I guess you tend to believe them!!  

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I do have to agree...the hair has got👏to👏go👏.

I see those Housewives...like NY & OC...with their painfully

bleached hair thinking...'WHO bleaches their hair these days?'

It looks so...bad.   I think if she had different hair, the tone 

of criticism would be much, much lighter.  That's all you see.

And crazy sunglasses.

@sidsmom

The whole thing is just a scream for attention.  It's sad really, because she doesn't have to do this.  She has so much going for her and she is truly beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

It seems like someone must have told her she has nice legs and should flaunt them.  A few more inches in the hemlines would be such a big improvement in the overall looks.

@VanSleepy

How very true!  Fit and proportion so very important.  It doesn't matter how expensive the garment is, or who the designer is, if the fit is wrong ---- forget it.  It's a disaster!  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I think every outfit here would look good (or, maybe O.K.) on someone with the body for them.  She seems to have put on a lot of weight (I think I've read she struggles with it) and the outfits just don't flatter her at all.  The top and skirt would be cute on a model figure, but Jessica looks like a $20  hooker in it.  Too tight and she does look like she's pregnant. All you see in the floral thing is her boobs and an expanse of couch cover flowers.  Kind of old matronish.  

I enjoyed her when she was a judge on one of those T.V. fashion design competitions.  She was cute and funny  Her magazine ads a year or so ago were pretty, even if you didn't really care for her style.  She looked good..

She's starting to look old and frowsy and sad.  But I guess if what she's after is attention, then she's been successful.  I just don't think it will serve her well going forward.

@QueenDanceALot

I certainly agree with your thoughts here.  She is probably going through some things with her body and age, etc., which is something we all go through in one way or another, and her way of making herself feel more attractive, young, desirable and relevant is to dress in such an extreme manner.  In essence, she is screaming --- Look at me!!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I think like many womens he is in denial about having gained weight.  I noticed when she was on CBS Sunday morning a few months ago that she looked pregnant.  I don't think she is pregnant as she would be long past 9 months now from the CBS shoot. I think that is her stomach from having babies and when she gains weight, it comes back right there.

@VaBelle35

From what I have read in the past, she has had a lot of struggles with her weight and as most of us know, it doesn't get any easier the older you get!  

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think JS is a stunning looking woman, but I believe she perceives herself differently from what she really looks like. She perceives herself as a much bigger, taller woman and I read some where than she is under 5ft4. JS would have to be really tiny and thin to pull off some of those fashions and the sun glasses are just a NO. I remember before she was pregnant with her children I saw her on a talk show and she was thin and gorgeous with a great shorter hair style.

@blackhole99

It is hard for any woman, I think, to accept the changes in our bodies, faces, hair, etc. as we age.  I would imagine it would be especially difficult for someone like Jessica, who although she is very talented with her singing, etc., has always been judged for her beautiy, figure,etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

But those shoes...❤️❤️❤️

I don't necessarily mind the dress. Depends on where you are going. But the first outfit really has far too much going on!! Except the shoes - those are fantastic!!
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I think like many womens he is in denial about having gained weight.  I noticed when she was on CBS Sunday morning a few months ago that she looked pregnant.  I don't think she is pregnant as she would be long past 9 months now from the CBS shoot. I think that is her stomach from having babies and when she gains weight, it comes back right there.

@VaBelle35

From what I have read in the past, she has had a lot of struggles with her weight and as most of us know, it doesn't get any easier the older you get!  

If you watched Newlyweds, you know she doesn't cook and she loves fast food, so I doubt that has changed for her.  Like Oprah, you can have money and have a personal chef, but when you are away from home or just want your Taco Bell, it's gonna happen.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

This dress is from this summer, People site has an article about her sexy summer fashions. To me she looks so much better in this. I agree that she's a beautiful woman, I have always thought so.

jessica-simpson3.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"