Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashions that women look NOT good in

I may not like some styles and would never wear them but that's only my opinion and why would anyone care what I thought?  Wear what you're comfortable in. 

@Love my grandkids   I agree with everything you said

Honored Contributor

fashion is one of those topics where I think it's fine for each person to decide for themselves what they prefer.  It's highly unlikely that my choice of what I wear damages someone else  -  that's different from making personal choices that damage others, the environment in which we all live, etc.

Any fashionista would denigrate what I am wearing right now, but everything is clean and paid for and works,perfectly for me while I listen to the dryer run and finish my coffee.  It will also be just fine as I slip clean sheets onto my bed and then carry the garbage to the curb.

No fashion involved, but I will change to run other errands -  the style will be similar, but the garments won't be 20 years old and they will fit the body I have now.  Nobody else's opinion involved.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops - Love what you said!  You sound like a woman comfortable in her own style.

Honored Contributor

To me, this seems like a topic thrown out for a bashing party.  What's the point here? 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

To me, this seems like a topic thrown out for a bashing party.  What's the point here? 

a bashing party

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mom has pretty much always worn out of style clothes. She wears clothes she's had for decades. She just does not care about fashion. She has plenty of money but has never cared about material possessions. I love that about her.

I know OP is looking for a certain garment that is a no no but what someone else wears has no impact on my life nor is it my business 

Honored Contributor

I dislike skirts that end mid-calf, especially on me. I've never owned one.

Honored Contributor

Why not start a thread about what fashions makes you look good? 

There's plenty of stuff out there that makes me look bad and I don't even like to talk about it. WHY??!

Honored Contributor

According to who?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Gaucho pants/culottes/wide-leg cropped pants.

Balloon/harem/"Hammer" pants.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~