Honored Contributor

Re: Fashions that women look NOT good in

This is subjective and dependent on each individual's tastes and opinions.  Who has appointed anyone to be the clothing judge to dictate what does and doesn't look good on anyone.  While I may think some styles look awful on most, it's not up to me to proclaim it with a blanket statement! I only care about how I feel I look in something and how I feel comfortable with my choices.  I always wore and loved minis.  Who knows, if my butt hadn't dropped a bit over the years I might still  be wearing minis!!

Honored Contributor

anything a size or more too tight--have seen some in leggings or other stetchy apparel that should be out lawed--crop tops---low neckline things with huge breasts bulging out-----

Trusted Contributor

@curlygirl13 wrote:

Anything "cold shoulder." What a ridiculous trend!!

I never liked it, but somehow bought two or three of them,  I got interest from my husband, & compliments from the girls in my aerobics class!  For a few dollars, sometimes it’s good to try something different.

Respected Contributor

No woman looks good cloaked in the judgment of others.
Honored Contributor

I know what looks good on me, I own a mirror. What others wear is none of my business.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Those cropped wide leg jeans. Or even worse, the ones that are cropped and flare out in a bell bottom 18 inches off the ground. Even the models and hosts look like they mistakenly grabbed their 9-year-old's jeans.  That look will never be appealing.  I cringe when I see people wearing those. Gross. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1

I don't own a mini anymore. I wore those back in the day and looked pretty good. I've owned a few maxi dresses, but I don't own any right now. I prefer knee length. 

As far as fashions women don't look good in, I think there are worse things then minis and maxis.  IMO flesh toned leggings are the worst and do no one any favors. I also think super tight clothing that shows every anatomical detail is unflattering. 

These are just my opinions. I don't worry about what others wear. I wear what I like and suits my lifestyle. I am glad to live in a time when women have lots of clothing choices. 

Honored Contributor

What a mean spirited subject for a thread! You could've pretended it was about  individual taste but you didn't even bother to do that. "Tell us what looks terrible on others"

Esteemed Contributor

Some may have pleasant memories of certain clothes,

some may be in the midst of a weight change,

some may not be able to go out,

some may be on a tight budget, 

some may have been up all night with a sick family member,

be gentle please 

Esteemed Contributor

Each of us are drawn to different things based on our figures, health issues and preferences.  For instance, I love midi-length dresses, always have.  I find them feminine and comfortable.  On the other hand, I don’t particularly like short, tight clothing, but many people do.  We don’t all like the same things which is ok.  I enjoy when different lengths/widths for dresses/pants are all in fashion and widely available so that each person can wear what works best for them.