Honored Contributor

Fashions that women look NOT good in

mini or maxis

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashions that women look NOT good in

I'm afraid to say......see the fashion crimes thread, yikes.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 It's a matter of opinion. To me it depends on how a garment looks on an individual. I don't paint with a broad brush to cover an entire style for all women.

I see women of different ages in maxi skirts or dresses and 98% of them look very nice.

I will say that rarely I see a woman old enough to know better in a mini and she looks ridiculous, no matter how good her legs are!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speak for yourself.  I look great in a maxi or a mini.

Super Contributor

Anything "cold shoulder." What a ridiculous trend!!

Honored Contributor

If you mean dresses or skirts, my mini days are over but I do often wear mid length, especially in the summer.   I think I look better than most women who wear the kind of leggings that can't keep your secrets.   You know who you are, buy a mirror

Respected Contributor

I like maxis and think I look pretty good in them.  It all depends on the dress and the person wearing it.

I could never wear mini's, always too worried about bending over or sitting.  I could probably have worn them when I was young, but they were too much trouble for me to be worried about every move I made.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

You say that like you're the ultimate judge on what other women should or should not wear.....speak for yourself.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I love maxis.  I can't wear minis anymore and plus it would look ridiculous on a 61 year old.

I saw a man ogling a young thing in ridiculously short shorts the other day.  Yes she had very firm curves but wow!  I said to him, yes, they are very short!

I tend to like a collared button front blouse with sleeves.  I think at this stage in life it suits me the best.  I am not asking for men to ogle my derriere.  How dare they ever have, anyway.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I like maxis and think I look pretty good in them.  It all depends on the dress and the person wearing it.

I could never wear mini's, always too worried about bending over or sitting.  I could probably have worn them when I was young, but they were too much trouble for me to be worried about every move I made.

@CAcableGirl2  I loved to wear mini skirts when I was young. I learned new ways of sitting and getting up without flashing others. I had 2 mini-dresses that came with matching shorts, like today's boy shorts. Since I'm petite, I tend to stay away from maxis unless they're offered in petite sizes. Even then, I usually go for a midi. Minis haven't been in my wardrobe for a long time. 😕