Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Sooner

That's a good point.  I notice sometimes on the weekend, I have had no place I need or want to go and I have just been in my sleepwear.  I did feel lazier and not much ambition.  I plan on keeping myself dressed and put together as much as possible, health allowing and all that.  In this way, as you say, if things come up, I am ready to go!!!!  No excuse --- it's too much trouble, takes too long, I don't feel like it, etc.!!!  

@AngelPuppy1  Sometimes when you aren't expecting someone, have a down day and want to just relax, those are the days you can be more "casual" (pj's?).  But keep a robe handy and don't do it often!  It's a mini vacation!

Esteemed Contributor

I retired from an office ten years ago.  I still have my CitiKnits lol.  Now I only wear jeans and leggings.  I shop JCP for tops alot.  I find D&C too frumpy and don’t wear elastic waisted jeans. I wear Barefoot Dreams for cardi’s.

Valued Contributor

I wear Denim and Co elastic waist french terry pants or a similar comfy QVC pant.  Graver also makes french terry as do some others.  Also Dream Jeans if I am wearing jeans....A casual top, sometimes liquid knit, sometimes Lori Goldstein, or in the winter I will wear a fleece top to keep warm. I also own some Lands end sport knit pant and sport knit corduroy pants because they are comfy and warm in the winter.  Sometimes if I am going out, I throw on a necklace or a print infinity scarf to jazz up the look. 

Honored Contributor

@toria wrote:

I wear Denim and Co elastic waist french terry pants or a similar comfy QVC pant.  Graver also makes french terry as do some others.  Also Dream Jeans if I am wearing jeans....A casual top, sometimes liquid knit, sometimes Lori Goldstein, or in the winter I will wear a fleece top to keep warm. I also own some Lands end sport knit pant and sport knit corduroy pants because they are comfy and warm in the winter.  Sometimes if I am going out, I throw on a necklace or a print infinity scarf to jazz up the look. 

@toria

Thanks@  I am going to have to try the Dream Jeans.  I hear a lot about them!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I retired from an office ten years ago.  I still have my CitiKnits lol.  Now I only wear jeans and leggings.  I shop JCP for tops alot.  I find D&C too frumpy and don’t wear elastic waisted jeans. I wear Barefoot Dreams for cardi’s.

@barrel racer

I don't have a JCP any more ---  I wish --- used to find some really cute, comfy things there!!!  

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 Yes, our style is an individual decision and more about what we're comfortable with and enjoy. And most of us have stopped dressing for others, so it's about us. After 40 years in the corporate world my sis took a 180 turn. She's a millionaire but she doesn't wear it. She lives on the lake and loves her comfortable life. I will say -- she's attractive but her recent no-fuss look has aged her a bit -- but again, she doesn't care and she's happy.     

@jeanlake

If a person is happy and content, that's all that matters!  I think sometimes we feel we have to look and dress a certain way and then later on, we just want to look and feel and be who we really are!!!