Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I still don't understand the need for 2 hosts for most shows now. It just adds to the unnecessary chit chat, confusion and less time to show products. Add in the vendor and it is no longer watchable.

I don't need Facebook questions, the drink of the day on the table, snacks and wine passed around, birthdays celebrated w/ cakes and balloons, polls, etc. The last I heard, this was a shopping channel, not a variety show. 

@Shanus   I agree that there are too many cooks in the kitchen.  However, you nailed the reason QVC is taking this route -- they very much want it to be a shopping/variety show.  Every recent Quarterly Financial call that Qurate has with its shareholders and industry analysts, Mike George mentions their commitment to social media, and the storytelling aspect of their selling strategy.  They have no intention of being strictly a sales channel.  Their goal is to have even more live interaction; those inane questions and the hosts stories are encouraged. 

So it's the customer/viewer that either shifts their expectations of what QVC is, or shop elsewhere.  I have done both -- I expect all the silly stories when I watch to shop, but I also find myself shopping elsewhere more & more.   

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I still don't understand the need for 2 hosts for most shows now. It just adds to the unnecessary chit chat, confusion and less time to show products. Add in the vendor and it is no longer watchable.

I don't need Facebook questions, the drink of the day on the table, snacks and wine passed around, birthdays celebrated w/ cakes and balloons, polls, etc. The last I heard, this was a shopping channel, not a variety show. 

@Shanus   I agree that there are too many cooks in the kitchen.  However, you nailed the reason QVC is taking this route -- they very much want it to be a shopping/variety show.  Every recent Quarterly Financial call that Qurate has with its shareholders and industry analysts, Mike George mentions their commitment to social media, and the storytelling aspect of their selling strategy.  They have no intention of being strictly a sales channel.  Their goal is to have even more live interaction; those inane questions and the hosts stories are encouraged. 

So it's the customer/viewer that either shifts their expectations of what QVC is, or shop elsewhere.  I have done both -- I expect all the silly stories when I watch to shop, but I also find myself shopping elsewhere more & more.   

@Caaareful Shopper   I still only record shows of interest so I can make use of the FF button. The banter still makes the number of items shown less and I'd think more shown would equal more sales. Customers can't purchase chit chat. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashions Night In

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   I agree. 

The thing is, I actually enjoy a bit of fun and personality in the shopping shows.  But it's a thin line of what is too much for my liking. 

I like Amy as a host, but it is sometimes unbearable when she starts every item with a long vignette about taking her kids to the store, and forgetting something so she has to turn around, and then making the 5th stop on her errands -- all this to get to the point that she could wear the specific top next to be presented all day from picking up the kids to going out to meet her husband for dinner at a restaurant.  I get it, the top is versatile.  But the long story is painful to sit through, and the vendor often tries to cut her off so their precious selling time can actually be spent on the item itself.  Even Lori has tried cutting Amy off sometimes.  But she is relentless. 

Frequent Contributor

I don't think the Lori/Shawn thing was working.  Or, Lori's fashions haven't changed in all the years she's been on and people just aren't buying it anymore.  How many tanks, mullet and/or asymetrical hemlines do you need?  Also, I think her styles look best on her and/or more petite bodies.  Not to mention the fact that Shawn has to "put her own style" into everything by tying it or putting it on with something outlandish.  Amy has style, Courtney has style, Katrina has style..........and that's all I'll say.

Respected Contributor

They can change the name of the shows, the format, the sets and the hosts, but it's just trying  to repackage the same old stuff.

Valued Contributor

I have to agree, some of these programs are becoming S... shows, Host with their hair undone walking around in front of cameras making foolish facial expressions at the camera, some host lazing around on a chair, Totally unappealing to me. 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I find it odd that when they have dedicated beauty shows, they never incorporate fashion into those shows.  Hmm.

@Krimpette 

Nailed it! 😉

Honored Contributor

Fortunately, I have other commitments during some of those hours and can't watch.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@KACEE1115 LOL a host lazing around on a chair or sometimes sprawled on the couch.  Your comment made me smile because between that AND the speed talking, well, it makes me not much interested in watching and I LIKE seeing fashion presented.

I much prefer Leah.