Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashionably early today - no more summer clothes

The August issues of fashion magazines are hitting the newstands now and the clothes are averagely boring.

I also took a look at the August issue of the QVC Insider magazine online and the clothes are nothing to write home about.

The only cute item that I've seen on QVC lately are the Clarks shooties

A268852

Clarks Artisan Leather Open-toe Booties - Shira Nicole

Clarks Artisan Leather Open-toe Booties - Shira Nicole

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not all people live in cold climate. It's warm here for half the year or more. I wear flip flops all year long. The shopping channels seem to cater to people in the east coast/mid west more, imo. I don't care for sweaters, boots, scarves, and long sleeve shirts.

Honored Contributor

I don't just buy fall clothes to be buying them; I wait until the big Fall fashion mags come out.  I get ideas from them and I come up with my fashion vision for fall/winter.  I make my lists of what I need and what I want.  So, I start thinking and planning and going through what I own in mid August.  I never actually buy anything until after Labor Day.  There's no hurry for me.  It's not like Qvc is going to run out of fall clothes in July.....lol

Occasional Contributor

LOVE these too!

Esteemed Contributor

Did I miss the summer seasonal sale? When was it?

Esteemed Contributor

I think that QVC has done what alot of the local department stores have done and that is invest in "in between" clothing.   I love 3/4 sleeves so when they are selling them it is fine with me.  But once the winter comes in the Northeast it is COLD....we are looking for warmth and sweaters and LONG

sleeves.  The last few winters even during the winter fashion days alot of the pieces of clothing were 3/4 sleeves or light long sleeves.  In the local big name stores i found it the same.  Alot of 3/4 sleeves and lighter materials.  I remember when winter meant thick nubby materials, warm sweaters, and lots of cozy fashions.