Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion sales lines by hosts

@millieshops wrote:

@Lori KayeNor i.     

The hosts have a job to do.  They have to be there. I truly do not get why people watch what annoys them so much.   

@millieshops It's like a car accident while you know you shouldn't look you can't help it.

Same theory here. I doubt that anybody just turns it on to then complain about the host on the boards. We simply watch when there is nothing else to watch, and then we are stunned by what the hosts actually say.

It's kind of like you being annoyed reading the post, but you respond anyway. You could just pass right by, but you just can't. 

Honored Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

@Jackyl wrote:

I agree.  But those of us who have a bit of common sense, don't fall for these sales tactics at all.  I don't like that they are using the current COVID situation to try and sell products, I think that is overstepping the line, but we all should realize they are here to separate us from our money, not be our friends or family.  Don't get me wrong, I buy plenty from QVC, but it's items I want and can't find around here, not because a host told me I needed it.  The best one I heard was yesterday morning when the host was trying to talk people in buying underwear and said we should donate our old ones or turn them into rags.  Donate?  That was the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I don't think there is anything wrong with donating underwear if they are in good shape. They can be expensive to buy outright and low income people need all the breaks they can get. 

@Whosits   We'll have to disagree on this.  I would never, ever, donate used underwear.  I do  very much agree that many people need good intimates.  I would and have purchased new underwear as part of care packages for women's shelters for women and children. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2lol   i'm getting better -   Lots of times I write an answer to a post and then delete it instead of posting.  

Trusted Contributor

It has to be difficult to talk for 3 hours straight, remain interesting, not say anything that even one viewer might object to, and not repeat the same thing over and over. I don't think I could do it. It is a difficult job. Do we have to complain about everything?Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The other thing that turns me off is when an obviously tiny host( this was on ShopHQ this morning) was commenting that she had to put on an extra small,.... instead of her usual extra extra small size because of all her extra eating during the pandemic....

I was like OK  then.....so rub it in that you are SO TINY.Woman LOL

@SeaMaiden  For the once in a while that I have watched Amy Stran, she says that all the time........how tiny she is.  Can't watch her.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The salesperson could have easily pointed out the fact that while you may pay more upfront, the garment will last longer. That would get my attention. No need to give away the fact that they read the boards, or single out a group of posters. The customer has every right to complain. While she may not buy that overpriced top, she may turn around a buy a handbag. Or she may just choose not to purchase if she feels disrespected. I would think companies will want to treat their customers right since they have so many options.

Honored Contributor

I think I must have become immune to their nonsense because I don't even notice it anymore.    I haven't been watching much lately, but when I do, it all kind of sounds like blah, blah, blah.....

Most of them say ridiculous things to kill time selling a product that has been allotted too much presentation time.

Now if we could just get them to drop those painful phone calls...