Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Everything is. When gas costs are high the price to transport everything everywhere makes goods and services go up. Add to that "supply chain", which has become a catch phrase that I'm not sure is even still an issue, but it's a good excuse mfrs and suppliers can continue to use.

And the high gas...we have our own resources...no need for all that hike.

Nuf said.

@amyb    I think many people are not aware of it but Covid is still raging in China and it's very much still affecting the supply chain and is predicted to get worse.  They are actually putting fencing around apartment complexes in heavily infected areas to keep people at home.  I've heard Shanghai and Hong Kong mentioned as being greatly affected.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@amyb I did treat myself to the same shorts. I got the dark camo last year and got the sand this year. Best shorts ever

Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion prices

[ Edited ]

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@amyb I did treat myself to the same shorts. I got the dark camo last year and got the sand this year. Best shorts ever

Seriously best. I watched them all winter online...instead of price going down post season, with their remaining inventory, it went up $10! (I truly believe they sold what was left of that inventory in their "limited inventory of certain colors" they mentioned during the TSV.)

Anyway, I bought the white last year and lived in them...I was always sorry when I needed to throw them in the wash, lol. But I had also bought the denim and returned those, those stretched out and unraveled at hem after one wearing. I only like the twill.

So I'll be happy to have another twill...hope they fit and feel as good!

Respected Contributor

Depending on where you shop for clothes, some apparel retailers' prices far exceed the reported rate of inflation. I can't rationalize myself into buying from those places (mostly online). But there are other apparel retailers who have continued to sell within the limits of the reported inflation rates, and that's where I shop. And when this period of inflation is over and there are no more excuses for excessively high pricing, I'll remember which retailers kept my business.

Honored Contributor

Last year at the end of the summer, I bought several packs of 3  t-shirts for about $20.  Couple of black paccks and a couple of white packs.

I hear these vedors' snide remarks and bad-mouthing Hanes and shirts from "big box stores."  

I'm perfectly happy with my t-shirts.  They look just like anyother black or white t-shirts and no one has come up behind me to check the label.

Esteemed Contributor
@Kachina624. I don’t shop at Walmart so I can’t speak to their clothing but I agree WH you that I doubt seriously they are the same quality. I have in the past put based a few clothing items at Target and while cheap to me they are one season throw away items. Very thin and very cheaply made. I think of you’re a good shopper there are bargains to be found at TJMaxx and Marshall’s depending on where you live. All of these stores merchandise for the area they are in. The better the neighborhoods the better the merchandise
Trusted Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

Seems to me a lot of the fashions are going up in price, tremendously. Regular tees going for almost $50, even denim and Company $40, yikes! Jeans cropped pants, over $50 and over $60

@KACEE1115    I can't afford clothing from QVC.  I have purchased other things that were great buys...for the home...or Philosophy products.  But... I have only purchased clothing from Macys for the past few years.  Once you find a brand that you know is affordable quality and fits well, then why go elsewhere.  

Esteemed Contributor

Prices have gone crazy, especially on Kim Gravel. I'm not paying those prices!

Respected Contributor

I agree with the OP.  Last night, I watched the Carol Hochman show around 1 am.

Check out this item:  A 479729.   A 2 pack of cotton sleepshirts for $79.96 plus s&h. 

I'm not in need of any sleep shirt that is $40 a piece.  I read the reviews and only one said they were worth it.  They got a 2 star rating.

Valued Contributor

@HisElk1 Insanity, I know there's a supply chain issue etc. with prices but no need for the vendors to go this high.