Valued Contributor

Seems to me a lot of the fashions are going up in price, tremendously. Regular tees going for almost $50, even denim and Company $40, yikes! Jeans cropped pants, over $50 and over $60

Esteemed Contributor

ITA.   This has been going on for sometime on the Q but seems at a much faster pace now.  You can somewhat understand with the state of things, but seriously.  I just bought 7 Duluth women's tanks  for $14.99 each.   Great quality and longer than normal tanks, the "no yank" tanks if you have seen those.  I wear a lot of them under other tops and have them peaking out or just alone in the heat of the summer. Lots of great colors!  They are the best, just an example of the better pricing elsewhere.  Oh yeah and free shipping too!

Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion prices

[ Edited ]

Everything is. When gas costs are high the price to transport everything everywhere makes goods and services go up. Add to that "supply chain", which has become a catch phrase that I'm not sure is even still an issue, but it's a good excuse mfrs and suppliers can continue to use.

And the high gas...we have our own resources...no need for all that hike.

Nuf said.

Clothing...I've decluttered and, thankfully, I have plenty, up to date fashion. I'm not overpaying for any of it. I'm bargain shopping when at all, using anything available like TopCashback etc. We all just need to do our own rebudgeting around this. Some of the jeans, crops, etc you mention @KACEE1115 Target has just as nice for less, for instance. Other sources out there too. I haven't bought any clothing off Q except for KG's recent TSV, because I bought those last year and they were my favorte shorts...I wanted another neutral color, which was the "sand" she had this year.

QVC, imo, is not the place to shop fashion...prices are higher for same type of materials as many places, and their return shipping is a deterent too, which many other vendors don't have.

Honored Contributor

Have you noticed that now the QCard is up to SIX payments.

They raise the prices and increase the number of months of payments. 

Thank goodness Susan Graver's liquid knts last forever. 

No doubt with prices going up and additional QCard payments - you'll be paying forever!

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal 

I’ve been looking for tanks to wear under my shirts and just couldn’t find anything I like.

However, I just now purchased several (2 sets of 3 and a few others) from Duluth and free shipping and 10% off my total order. So, Thank You! …for mentioning Duluth. I appreciate it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Malcontent You are so welcome!

Honored Contributor

Someone posted the other day that Target had some nice t-shirts for $5 and I looked and they sure did!

$4.99, and some maybe $6. No bait and switch or just 1 or 2 but a lot- just really nice stuff. Even nicer than QVC's $60 t-shirts. 

There are so many other examples of stores online and in-store so the excuse that QVC's prices are just because "everything is going up," isn't true anymore. Or because of ships stuck out at sea or "supply chain." Some of us are not believing all of that anymore.

It's too bad because QVC used to be a nice option. 

But as others have said, how many clothes do we really need anyway? Especially to spend $60 for a shirt-not 100% cotton or silk or linen, just a polyester shirt, that doesn't breathe.

It all can become a game of buying, and justifying it to ourselves or each other and talking about it non-stop. I get it. In this crazy world we all do what we gotta do to keep on keeping on!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Yes, prices are going up especially on QVC!!!  Plenty of other places that offer reasonably priced clothing with frequent sales, free shipping, etc.  Even though I can afford it, no way will I pay the prices for items on QVC unless they are significantly reduced.  

Honored Contributor

I love the linen tanks I got at Land's End last year.  They have good sales too!

Honored Contributor

The price of denim especially, has risen tremendously if they can get it.  Denim & Co. has not yet presented any denim crops or capris for summer, everything is hot knitted French terry.  The price of jeans everywhere has soared.

The tees QVC sells for $40 to $50., are not your ordinary Wal-Mart quality shirts.  They are much nicer fabric with some style, often in prints and will.last nearly forever.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment